Thursday, June 29, 2006
Here in Ohio we take great, nay…… giddy pleasure in the fine sport of cow-tipping.

Sadly, cow-tipping has become an addiction for many Ohioans. Such folks can be found wandering aimlessly about from farm to farm, tipping cows until they’re spent and exhausted. They are usually found fast asleep amoung the cow piles by a very angry farmer the next morning.

Don’t misunderstand. Ohio takes full responsibility for their cow-tipping addict citizens. We hold meetings at the local churches and everything. But a’course nobody ever shows up cuz they’re mostly out tippin cows during the hours of 9 pm to 4 am.















But enough about the down sides of cow-tipping. Let us move on to your cow-tipping lesson!
My word! I am excited for you!
First I advise you start with a hearty meal. Cow-tipping requires stamia!
Don a decent pair of sneakers on the off chance that the farmer is still awake and has his gun loaded.
Then begin your search for the perfect cow.

Ahhhh. Here’s a good one. The single-udder cow. Single udder cows are meaner than chicken spit! That’s what makes ‘em so damned fun to tip.













Real quiet like, ya gotta ….tippy-toe…..tippy tippy tippy tippy ….up on the big booger. And fer the sake of all that is good in this world, don’t fart or nuthin’. They don’t like that. They don’t like it a lot.













Once your close enough, shoulder up to her, dig yer feet into the dirt real deep like, and PUUUUSSSSSH! PUSH!

If she turns her head, even a little, that means you probably farted and didn’t notice in all the excitement. But the one-udder cow, she did. And she’s pissed.














Occasionally, these things go awry. When this happens, it’ll generally take ya a month or so before you can put yer crutches back in the pantry. But HEY! That’s what makes it a sport! Am I right? Or am I right? Wouldn’t be no fun if there wasn’t some kinda risk.

Kin somebody call the ambulence? In the fall my cell phone got lodged up my……… er……..it’s stuck where I can’t get to it right now. Ah, hell, now it’s ringin.

 
posted by Crabby at 6:40 PM |


16 Comments:


At 6/29/2006 10:05 PM, Blogger barman

They have cow tipping up here in Michigan also but I have never been. I have always assumed that this was something like hunting snipes. I just don't know...

 

At 6/29/2006 10:17 PM, Blogger jamwall

we tip cows here in minnesota, except we only insert the tip.

 

At 6/30/2006 12:48 AM, Blogger wmy

I absolutely love your pictures!! hahahahahah I am still learning when it comes to posting pics...if you have any tips you want to send my way, I would do certain naughty favors for ya...what??? I was only kiddin!!!

 

At 6/30/2006 6:42 AM, Blogger Crabby

Barman, are you saying.........there's no such thing as a snipe??? Say it isn't so!

Jam, baby, I doubt the cow even notices that so much. I'd heard Minnesota folks weren't very good at cow-tipping on accounta, it gets so cold during winter they don't wanna put that much of themselves into it. Come to Ohio, we'll teach you how to do a proper tip, then we'll go out for brews and hot wings.

Wmy, what kinda help do ya need kiddo? Wait .... did you say naughty? LOL! I'll make a list.

Denny, tsk tsk tsk. You must stop holding a grudge over that blasted Rock and Roll thingy. They wanted us. They begged us to take them. What could we do?

PS. for anybody who cares, the lovely state of Ohio has been riding in the mid sunny 70's all through June. AWESOME weather, my people. AWESOME!

 

At 6/30/2006 8:12 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

We tip armadillos in Texas. Can the same principal apply?

ps -that's a hell of a way to get a milk-shake.

 

At 6/30/2006 8:48 AM, Blogger Tumbleweed

hahahahahahah! That was really good! I think I will pass, I need to be able to answer my phone in an emergency.

 

At 6/30/2006 9:46 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

principle...;)

 

At 6/30/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger Crabby

Milky, you had me at principal. I personally never woulda known the difference. LOL!

Tumble, but you must try just once. I promise to take you out later for fish bowl margaritas at the cheap Mexican place. Assuming we don't have cow poop on our feet.

 

At 6/30/2006 11:28 AM, Blogger Crabby

wmy, the cut and paste work on the 3 tipping pics wasn't too bad. I actually went outside in my bibs and posed for the pictures I was making. Then cut and pasted my body into position. LOL!

When I had my pc I used a program called picture it. Great program!

Now I use photoshop. Greater program!

 

At 6/30/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger barman

Crabbs, you can also get a bunch of the features that Adobe Photoshop has by using the Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 program. The cake that I posted had the background removed by the program, a very usefull thing when you try to place a picture into another picture.

While it is a little harder to use Elements to do it, it worked fine and at about 1/4 the price or less I like it. I am just saying not for you to change but possibly for someone new to this.

 

At 6/30/2006 2:51 PM, Blogger Crabby

Barman, good suggestion. Photoshop can also be really intimidating to first time users. I'm a button pusher. I pretty much just went in there like....ooooo, what does this one do? What if i push this? LOL!

 

At 6/30/2006 5:43 PM, Blogger barman

I tried that once. I took a picture of you and pressed a button and, tada, all your clothes fell off. Gotta love those unknown buttons and Photoshop. :)

 

At 6/30/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl

You are a GENIUS!

 

At 6/30/2006 6:49 PM, Blogger Zen Wizard

I'll start tipping cows when they learn to say, "I'm Elmer, I'll be your waiter...Would you like fresh ground pepper with that?"

 

At 7/01/2006 1:11 PM, Blogger Suze

Right! that does it I have to move to Ohio. Does it help if you wear concrete shoes? :)

 

At 7/08/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` I moved to Washington to escape the Ohio madness....

` Man... I used to have Photoshop, but it got all screwed up and now I have all these Adobe Photoshop files I can't use!
` I've been coping by downloading GIMP, but it's just not the same... *sniff!*