Wednesday, July 05, 2006
You know you've had enough Birthday celebrating when you wake up Wednesday morning, stumble into the bathroom, yawn, sit on the toilet and miss wedging your ass cheeks up against the toilet paper hanger. Then once you've made a pot of coffee, without the pot, It's official. The party must indeed stop now. Or at least, slow down, a tad, till ya get yer sea legs back.

In all honesty, much of the past few days are a blur in the old lady memory. I'll catch you up as it comes back. Assuming .... it does.

Yesterday's lunch is fresh in my mind since I learned a couple things I didn't know before.

It all started when Manny called to say sorry she'd forgotten my birthday.

"Don't worry about it I told her. You can take me out to eat tomorrow and that will square everything up."

"Well ....we're going out anyway so, yeah, we can do that. You have to promise not to say a word about Chad, or Mike, or Scott. Sqirrel doesn't know and she'll freak if she hears I was seeing Chad again."

"Just feed me. I don't care about anything else," I assured her.

But .... sadly my cell phone was loud enough that Bob could hear both sides of the convo. He immediately interjects ..... "I'm gonna tell her!" We threaten him and move on.

Next day at lunch first thing Bob does is say, "I watched Dr. Phil today. It was about getting back together with your x." The whole time he's smiling like a friggin Chesire cat and Manny is shooting daggers at him with her eyes. "So, manny, are you still seeing that Mike guy? Or....."

"No she says quickly, what are we gonna eat?"

Bob clearly was having the time of his life aggravating Manny. On and on he goes just to bug her, big smile on his face. Then at one point I'm sitting there eating away peacefully and Manny says, "I hold YOU responsible for this!"

Immediately, Squirrel's radar buzzer sounds. BLEEEEP BLEEEP BLEEEP! "Responsible for what? Am I missing something? What's going on?"

"Nuthin," Manny assures her, "Crabby just has a big mouth."

"ME!?" I didn't tell him anything. .....well ok. I did. But not that much."

"Tell him what?" Squirrel asks.

"NOTHING!" Manny insists. "Just eat."

By this time Bob is chuckling merrily.

In an effort to change the topic Manny tells Bob, "Do you know what these two were doing while I was having life-threatening surgery?"

"Praying?" Bob asks, sniggering.

"NO! They had my cell phone. When I got it back there were all these pictures on there of them making weird faces at each other in the hospital waiting room. There I am being cut open. And they're clowning around in a waiting room where people are crying and worried for their loved ones..... WITH MY PHONE!"

(now keep in mind, we are not a quiet people. We already had the tables around us looking over at us and listening intently ever since Squirrel started talking about gerbil sex and how these guys really shoud tie a string on their gerbils before they use them. She works in a hospital and they frequently have to do emergency gerbil removals.)

So when Squirrel loudly declares, "WELL WHEN I WENT INTO THE RECOVERY ROOM TO HELP HER GET READY TO LEAVE, SHE WAS LAYIN THERE NAKED!"

"I WAS LIKE THAT WHEN I WOKE UP, SQUIRREL! I DIDN'T JUST TAKE MY CLOTHES OFF?"

"Oh sure, they leave everybody else dressed and decide just to take your clothes off. It didn't have anything to do with the cute guy in the bed next to you?"

By now the elderly lady at the table next to us was leaning over so far, I feared she would fall clean outa her seat.

"He was cute, wasn't he? He's was too doped up to do anything with though."

"WHAT???" Bob asks.

"Get your mind outa the gutter," Manny tells him. I meant he didn't talk much.

"Well he was probably too busy wondering why you didn't have any clothes on." Squirrel assured her.

"I TOLD YOU, I WOKE UP LIKE THAT!"

"Manny, I work in a hospital and we do not put people in the recovery room without their clothes. You were flirting with that guy!"

"No I wasn't. and I had the gown on it was just down around my waist."

"I know it wasn't up around your boobs. That's for sure."

By now the table behind us, had forgotten all about their birthday party and had begun to scoot their chairs inch by inch closer to our table.

After that the converstion got racy. I won't repeat all of that to you guys. I am nothing if not a proper lady. But I will tell you, by the time we left the lady at the table next to us was giggling and blushing profusely. Just another typical family outing.
 
posted by Crabby at 7:34 AM |


27 Comments:


At 7/05/2006 8:34 AM, Blogger barman

Oh man, can I join you guys next year? I am afraid I will not have much to add to the conversation however.

I love what Bob was doing with Manny. I would have died on the spot. Man, way to much fun.

I think Manny should have got you one of those bluetooth ear pieces for cell phone for your birthday so Bob can not over hear your conversations. It's for her own good.

Glad you had fun. I hope the stuff you remember is enjoyable.

 

At 7/05/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger Suze

Crabby, glad you had a great birthday.

Next time you go out for lunch drop me a line and I'll be there. ;)

 

At 7/05/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Manny

I did just wake up like that !!!!

I would have never stripped in a hospital. Anyway, I didn't even wear make up that day.

I woke up that way !!! Honest !!
Would I lie?

Hey, I was having life threatening surgery. about 5 weeks later i was at work and bored. I start scrolling through this pictures on my cell phone so I could show MJ pics of ladd and grace.

I come upon these pics of Crab and Squirrel, but don't remember taking them. I looked close and realized it was the hospital. At the same exact time I was almost duing, crab and squirrel were playing with my phone. I won't even mention the bill I received the following month just loaded full of 900 number calls.

 

At 7/05/2006 9:34 AM, Blogger Manny

I woke up that way !!!

 

At 7/05/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Crabby

Barman and Suze, I do believe the two of you would be an asset to our family gatherings. All of which generally end with some kind of major commotion. LOL! You guys are welcome to come along any time.

Manny, Sure ya did. sure ya did. You woke up like that. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! And there just happened to be a cute guy in the bed next door. Who'da thunk it?

Those 900 numbers were emergency calls. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha!

In my defense, I didn't know you'd get billed for that. I was bored. And I had chocolate. You know how spazzed that stuff makes me.

PS. You can learn bunches from those 900 numbers!

 

At 7/05/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Manny

I was on drugs !!!

 

At 7/05/2006 11:39 AM, Blogger Crabby

What a coincidence! Squirrel and I were on drugs out there in the waiting room when we had your phone too. Only we kept our clothes on.

 

At 7/05/2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Manny

I WOKE UP THAT WAY !!!!

 

At 7/05/2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Crabby

I wake up that way every day but then ....juuust before I face the world, I put on some clothes.

 

At 7/05/2006 12:45 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

Who needs reality television when we have you guys LOL!

 

At 7/05/2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Crabby

I was telling Bob that I posted about our lunch and he said, "The funniest part about this is, you don't ever have to make any of this stuff up. Your whole life is one long comedy routine."

True. Milky do you remember when some of the gals at Friday's accused me of making up the story about the Thanksgiving day fires?

When I make up a story, it generally invovles pygmies or cannibals. LOL!

 

At 7/05/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Manny

I can't help that I sleep in the nude. Unless there is a storm brewing.

Just hung up with Squirrel, she says Bob is right and we are addicted to the puter. She just doesn't understand at all. I still think she was adopted. Are you sure you seen mom pregnant with her?

 

At 7/05/2006 2:20 PM, Blogger Crabby

Now that ya mention it, I don't remember seeing Mom pregnant with her. Seems to me, near as I can recall, Mom disappeared one day and came back with this mewling little thing with a red scab on the end of it's nose.

Tell ya what else is weird. She never cried. Not ever. Just laid there like a red-nosed lump. I even pinched her once to see if she "could" make noise. Nuthin.

Weird, man. Weird.

 

At 7/05/2006 2:57 PM, Blogger Manny

I picked a fight with her once.
She was sitting on the edge of the bed. I was kicking her from behind. She turned around to swing at me and missed. ha ha Pulled a muscle in her neck and had to miss school that day. She stayed mad at me for a week because she missed out on her 'perfect attendence" crap award.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha

 

At 7/05/2006 2:58 PM, Blogger Manny

She bought me this puter and now stays mad because i use it all the time. Jeeez, just no pleasing that one.

 

At 7/05/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger barman

Manny you are mean.

When I was in school I was sickly until the 7th grade. It ment so much to me to get the perfect attendance award from then on. I understand how she felt.

 

At 7/05/2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Manny

Fine then. Fo ahead and hold what happened over 30 years ago against me. Plebttt.

I got perfect attendence in the seventh grade. I also won a page award. And i was a tutor. And i volunteer for Ohio Reads now. That's right, I go and teach kindergartners how to read.

 

At 7/05/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Tumbleweed

This is a great story!! I would fit in quite well with your family!

 

At 7/05/2006 5:58 PM, Blogger Prash

A great story...knew that manny was taking you for lunch with squirrel. Didn't know that you made the whole Olive restaurant eve's drop your conversation...

I believe Manny, concerning the story of waking up naked..and not putting clothes...Stop teasing her...poor thing, she is having some fun lately.

 

At 7/05/2006 6:18 PM, Blogger Crabby

Tumble, you certainly would, baby! No question.

Prash, if I stopped teasing Manny, what would I do for fun? LOL! Besides, you should see what she does to me. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!

 

At 7/05/2006 6:34 PM, Blogger barman

Besides, I suspect that Manny loves to have the attention focus on her. If you left he alone she would get lonely. Hey the three of you guys are still friends so something must have went right growning up.

Wow Manny, that is much more than I could ever claim. Good for you.

 

At 7/06/2006 3:41 AM, Blogger Manny

I WOKE UP THAT WAY !!!!

 

At 7/06/2006 6:08 AM, Blogger Crabby

Psssst. Barman, when did you meet Manny? You so have her number. LOL! She loves attention. Being the baby of the family she knows how to get it too. Sadly for her, I'm an attention hound myself. When the two of us are out at the same time, it's a constant contest to see who can grab the most attention.

 

At 7/08/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` You guys are the rowdiest!!

 

At 7/27/2006 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

The bdsm phone sex Olympics are always a special bdsm phone sex competition, it is very difficult to
predict what will happen. bdsm phone sex