Friday, December 16, 2005

Sit down. Cause this is gonna shock you. I actually do go to church. Luckily I have a pastor who is kinda crazy like me. Invite him to football party and he'll bring the beer. Once an older parishoner saw him drinking scotch at a pub and she asked, "Are Pastors allowed to drink?" He responded, "Even Jesus loved his wine." I like the guy. He lets me be me and doesn't try to change anything. But he's still a really good mentor. He studied in Jerusalem and he takes his faith seriously but says, "Hey, we're humans. We get angry. We get crazy. It's ok." Last year for Christmas I gave Pastor Will the Susie Snowflake video I made with my buddy fred. We drank a box of wine, dressed up like snowflakes (fred wore a lovely blonde wig) and got creative. Even threw in a couple of "boom shacka lacka lackas). My better half said, "I don't know if it's appropriate to give Will a movie of you and Fred drunk. (that video also contained a movie of my dog Smilin George humpin his bunny to the tune of "gimme good lovin". But Will loved it. He's still talking about it this year and wants another movie. Like I said, cool guy. That's why he's my pastor. Occasionly though I have driven him to swear. He gets frustrated with me sometimes. (big argument over Angelina Jolie's lips once) I'm not any different in church than I am any where else. So we get into debates about stuff. That whole ark story for instance. I'm sorry, but where'd they put all that poop?

Once at Communion whoever had filled up the wine cups had only filled them like maybe half way. So I tried to go back for seconds on the wine but, see, we're Lutherans. A Lutheran is basically a rebel Catholic. We do a Catholic service but threw out all the stuff we didn't like, no sex for the Pastor, and no women pastors, yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, people get squirrely if they think you're going to do anything at all that will make that service last longer than 55 minutes. It's basically, get in, get your forgiveness, hear the sermon, say your prayers, and get to lunch. So before I could even get back out of the pew a guy grabbed the neck of my collar and said, "Oh no you don't. You're gonna stay out of trouble today so I can get out of here and eat." sigh.

Anyway, last week was the first week for me to don the ho coat, leopard fur hat and red sneakers. (My winter gear) And my better, wiser, half and my smart-assed son start giving me a really hard time about going to church in hooker clothes. But guess what? The women there LOVED IT! That's right, they even want to get one of their own. SO THERE!

The point is, ya don't have to be all proper po po to go to church. Be what you are for crying out loud. You'd be surprised how welcome it can be. Will thinks I liven things up. ahhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha hahaha! My better half just shakes his head and mutters, "Please don't encourage her. You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

Next thing on my list is to pick up the pace on that church music. Egads! That stuff will put you right to sleep. We need to pick up the pace. Will agrees. Sadly, we have to dicker with the old folks but I think I could wear them down. They tire out real easy.
 
posted by Crabby at 8:58 AM |


5 Comments:


At 12/16/2005 11:15 AM, Blogger Silver

that don't look like any hooker outfit I've ever seen, all covered up.

Even the Ho's in Jerusalem wore less, and they had to deal with Jesus himself!!!

 

At 12/16/2005 11:36 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

I dunno Wayne, I think Crabby could hold her one against Jesus himself ah ah ha haa...

Nice coat, don't your feets get cold and wet in just sneakers????

So...as this Pastor hear you sing yet?? And he STILL talks to you?

He's a winner in my book Missy.

 

At 12/16/2005 2:23 PM, Blogger Crabby

Well, yes it is too a ho coat. It's all in how you walk in it, my man. It's all in the walk.

Well, Red, I got my boots on today. Keeps snowin then rainin, then snowin some more. Damned Ohio weather. Never can make up it's mind what it wants to be when it grows up.

He not only heard me sing, he heard me sing drunk. And that's a whole lot louder. I am a great singer when I've had a couple o'margaritas. Just brings the vocal qualities right out.

Did I tell you that Fred walked face first into a glass door last time we had fishbowl margaritas. It was great. We were leaving the restaurant, and we had a lot of the people who worked there hangin out with us so they were all there and one minute Fred's walkin and talkin and next, BOOM! Funniest thing I ever saw. They were all asking him if he was all right and I was brayin like a Jackass. I laughed so hard I got the hiccups.

You'll remember the time I walked into a glass door Fred went on and on about it for months. So this was particularly sweet.

Gotta tell ya, Fred is really cute in that video. I can probably link you guys up to my web page and put it on there if ya wanna see it. I just have to freshen up my link skills (meaning ask the better half to do it for me.)

Ah, well. I'm off again into the shopping world. Hopefully no one will get hurt.

Wait'll you see my Christmas tree. snicker...snicker....snicker. I'm so tickled with myself I could spit.

By the way, the big family Christmas is here this year. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha! Well, it won't be forgetable. I plan to put my own individual spin on it. The little people in my head have things all worked out.

 

At 12/16/2005 2:33 PM, Blogger Crabby

Trouble, he's cool. But we do have our moments like, when I got baptized he asked me if the red in my hair was gonna wash out into the batismal font. Then just laughed and laughed. Thought he was real funny. Cute. I still haven't gotten him back for that one. But I will.

 

At 12/16/2005 8:13 PM, Blogger Crabby

Well, he definitely thought so.

He also noticed during service that I have to hold my program way the hell out at the end of my arm to read the words so now he sits up on there in the Pastor chair during the times that were going over whatever it is we do that doesn't require his full attention and holds his program out for me to read it. He thinks that's funny too.

He owes me a lunch. He took my son out for Indian food. sayyyyyy. Wait a minute. My son paid that day. GeezLOOeez! What a scam artist. We had to pick our kid up after because he doesn't have a car yet and Will comes out of there wearing his movie star sun glasses and they're both chuckling and acting goofy.