Monday, January 22, 2007

Look, it's pizza. And Bob helped!

As you all know, I am deperate to beat Manny's high score on Shape Shifter. That was my plan for yesterday. As luck would have it, the following series of events occured.

1st .... we had a snow storm. Soon as I let Lucy out in the morning I knew I was in for trouble. Lucy is a snow freak. She hops in it on all fours like a 95 pound bunny rabbit. Hops, frolicks, makes doggie snow angels, eats it, yadda yadda. When you try to get her back inside, she goes temporarily deaf. She's a snow junkie who needs a fix every five minutes.

So every time I would try to play, Lucy would be in here with her head on my lap, moaning because she wanted to go outside and play. Once on a higher level the damnable beast actually tried to climb up into my lap while I was frantically trying to place pieces before the clock ran out.

Meanwhile, Webster, a.k.a. "The Devil's Spawn", is laughing hysterically in his cage one minute and banging his giant bell into the cage bars hard as he can the next, whilst mumbling what can only be assumed are birdie swear words.

Mid-day, Bob and I decided we could wait no more we had to go to the market and get edibles. The road was a mess. We live high on a hill and our neighbor was stuck at the bottom so after we got out, we circled around, came back and gave him a lift home.

At our Kroger they have a Donatos take and bake. You choose your pizza, then take it home and bake it. We got one for dinner.

Bob knowing how competitive I am (not unlike he and Manny) knew I was practically pulling my hair out by the roots over this game so he kindly offered to make the pizza and try to keep Lucy busy in there with him while I made yet another attempt to beat Manny's high score.

Just as I hit the higher level from the kitchen I hear....

"ugh oh. (Bob swear for, "shit".) Lucy don't eat that! Hey now! Get out of there."

I tried to keep playing. Stay focused.

"Oh boy! I think I ruined our dinner."

"Ok."

"No really. This is a mess in here. You better come look."

Still frantically trying to place pieces while the game dinger dings madly away at me. "Right now????"

"Will Lucy get sick if she eats all this?"

"What happened?" I called hoping to get the story and keep playing.

"You have to see for yourself. I was trying to get it in the oven and it slipped."

"Is it on the floor? If it's not just rearrange the toppings back and stick it in."

"you better come see."

Ay yi yi!

"I'm sorry about the pizza," Bob said sincerely as I'm scraping cooked cheese offa the oven.

"Don't worry about it," I assured him. "I do that kind of stuff all the time."

It took a good long while to get that oven clean. By then the game day was officially over. I'm beginning to think the only way to beat Manny's score is to let her come here and play and I'll go there.

 
posted by Crabby at 8:20 AM |


36 Comments:


At 1/22/2007 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I was planning on having pizza for lunch. Now, I think I'll opt for the salad.

In fact, until I can get these images out of my head, I won't be having pizza, or anything else with even a hint of melted cheese.

 

At 1/22/2007 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

......Dateline Central Ohio, a 95 pound family pooch by the name of Lucy, is undergoing major surgery as we speak to remove pepperonie slices from inside her nasal passage..When told of the emergency, the neighbors all replied .." shoot around that house? stuff gits stuck up noses nearly every week there!"
There you have it.......

 

At 1/22/2007 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

` Ahhh hahah! That reminds me of trying to concentrate on the internet at the library.
` Oppp... that's my alarm! I need to get to school now!

` BTW, I'm finally back in almost one piece from taking photos of our adventures in exotic places. (And I'm just beginning to put them up....)

 

At 1/22/2007 12:47 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

Poor Bob.

 

At 1/22/2007 1:07 PM, Blogger Unknown

Alright woman...have you learned NOTHING from my idiocy?!?! Why in the name of all that is holy is there aluminum foil on the bottom of your oven?

Oh and yes...that is ummmmmm, quite a mess. Now, remove the aluminum foil before you lose the ability to use the self-cleaning function which, as it appears, you will need...pronto.

 

At 1/22/2007 2:30 PM, Blogger Crabby

Aw, Dan. Tell you what. Not only should you go ahead and eat pizza but, I'll have Bob bake one up for you. LOL!

G, That's just not.......well, ok, it might be true. But still.

Seequin, It's impossible to concentrate, huh? Too danged much going on. Got the same thing happening today.

Milky, you'd really feel bad for him today. LOL! He wanted to go to Krogers and get another pizza but I didn't want to so...we didn't. Now he's fighting a pizza crave. But if it makes ya feel better I'm making him chili.

Kept, believe it or not, soon as I walked in there and saw that, you were the first person I thought of. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! I swear it's true.

 

At 1/22/2007 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

` OMFG! I just got back from school, having so much trouble concentrating (mostly malnutrition and ADD) and I was so overwhelmed I couldn't walk straight and I slammed into a door and got a concussion! My head is still bleeding! WTF?!?!
` That's what I call having trouble concentrating!

 

At 1/22/2007 5:46 PM, Blogger Manny

Jeez! I can't leave you 2 alone for a minute.

Take it from me, it could of been worse. This one time, while baking a frozen pizza directly on the oven rack (as the box directed), I came back to find pizza sinking down through the oven rack. It made it all the way down to the electric coil. You know, the heat up thing on the bottom.

Thank God for self cleaning oven's, but the smell was horrible.

Could it have been the extra cheese I added?

 

At 1/22/2007 6:46 PM, Blogger Manny

PSSST...Another all time high score will be posting soon.


Woot! This game calls me mama!


Remember the little chickie I keep telling you about? The one with NO LIFE? Well she just met MANNY!

I have a strange craving for pizza.

 

At 1/22/2007 6:47 PM, Blogger Manny

That's right, I just sent little chickie running away in tears.




btw, the one who USED!!!!to knock my high score off the net.



Who's your mama?

 

At 1/22/2007 6:48 PM, Blogger Manny

aka...Candy


Candy's in the house and on the board!!!!!!!

 

At 1/22/2007 6:51 PM, Blogger Crabby

Seequin, EAT! geezLOOeeze. You can't walking around knockin your head into things. You'll break something. Some days I feel like I need to handcuff you to me. Course, that might make things worse come to think on it.

Manny, I am hot on your heels now girl...assuming nothing else comes up. Which it always does.

 

At 1/22/2007 6:55 PM, Blogger Manny

Have you ever made it to level 17? I am laughing here becuase you think level 9 is rough.



I'm sorry crab's, it's not nice to brag.

 

At 1/22/2007 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Crabby and Sequin? Hahahahahahahahahahyahahyahyahyahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha


I might have known where Mannys at.

Blog-Whore?

 

At 1/22/2007 6:56 PM, Blogger Manny

I won't be playing any more tonight. That should give you time to catch up.

I want FOOD!

 

At 1/22/2007 6:57 PM, Blogger Manny

Tee Hee Hee!!!!



I am happy!

 

At 1/22/2007 7:12 PM, Blogger barman

Hey it didn't hit the floor. I will take a scoop or two of pizza. That looks yummy with mushrooms, onions, pepperoni... Then again you said chilli. Now I really want chilli. Oh man!

Good luck on scoring.

 

At 1/22/2007 7:20 PM, Blogger Manny

I don't like chili much.

I want italian sausage pizza with hot pepper's.

Damn it! My pizza place caught on fire and won't re-open for another month or so.

 

At 1/22/2007 7:20 PM, Blogger Manny

Step away from the game.

 

At 1/23/2007 12:47 AM, Blogger Unknown

Oh, no! As much as I’ve had the desire for a pizza today, the sight of that oven is… hell, I’d fight Lucy for the pizza!

 

At 1/23/2007 2:06 AM, Blogger Roxi

Id still eat it.

 

At 1/23/2007 4:10 AM, Blogger Manny

I've sent a message with a homing pigeon to see webster.

Webs been instructed to make noise and pick fight's with lucy.

It only cost me my leftover's.

 

At 1/23/2007 9:03 AM, Blogger DZER

you need a pizza stone, darlin' ... zey are wunderbar!! :)

 

At 1/23/2007 9:44 AM, Blogger Mone

Cleaning that ofen must have been a bitch I bet.

 

At 1/23/2007 4:45 PM, Blogger Manny

I know I'm really hungry when I can look at that picture and want pizza.

Hey dzer-I have a pizza stone and I love it. My mishap was when i followed the instruction's on the box.

 

At 1/23/2007 6:16 PM, Blogger SignGurl

I sold pizza stones for almost 10 years. They are wonderful!

I LMAO at
"Is it on the floor? If it's not just rearrange the toppings back and stick it in."

That could be taken more ways that one.

 

At 1/23/2007 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Miss Me?

 

At 1/23/2007 9:35 PM, Blogger jillie

OMG...that is just too funny. I've never done anything quite like that before but I have "dropped" my share of stuff in the oven...oy vey!

 

At 1/24/2007 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hmmmm(obviously NOT)
Mornin Crabby!

 

At 1/24/2007 9:28 AM, Blogger Unknown

Pizza = yummy
Pizza on floor = not so yummy
Pizza on floor after dog has licked it = yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :P

 

At 1/24/2007 10:06 AM, Blogger CozyMama

mess, big mess.....and a pizza - i love pizza.

 

At 1/24/2007 10:06 AM, Blogger CozyMama

g-man is tooooo funny.

 

At 1/24/2007 5:25 PM, Blogger Bare

*LMAO* I'm telling you, girl, you crack me up! I wish we could get some snow, but definitely not *that* kind of pizza *LOL*

 

At 1/25/2007 1:46 PM, Blogger SignGurl

Crabby, wake up!!!!

 

At 1/26/2007 11:05 AM, Blogger SignGurl

I'm still waiting......

 

At 1/28/2007 9:57 AM, Blogger SignGurl

Remember us? Your blogging friends? Have you beat Manny yet so you can come back to Earth?