Monday, October 16, 2006
My friend Ethel just called. They've been in Hawaii for their long awaited anniversary vacation. The conversation went like this. (in my defense it was only 7:00 when she called and I hadn't had coffee)

Ethel: Well, if you had come with us like you were supposed to you could have experienced the earthquake too.

Me: You had an earthquake?

Ethel: YES! It's all over the news and in the papers. Didn't you see it?

Me: Ummm.

Ethel: It was a 6.6! Shook me right out of bed. I looked out the window expecting to see a big storm but there was no rain or anything. I woke up Fred and he just rolled over and said, it's probably an earthquake. The whole room was shaking!

Me: The room was shaking and Fred didn't get up? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! That's my buddy!

Ethel: You should have been here.

Me: Naw, if Fred and I had been there together, somehow they woulda blamed us. We get blamed for everything.

(in the background Ethel tells Fred what I have just told her)

Fred: She's right.

Yanno, I wondered why I hadn't heard from them. They call me every day and check in. Had NOT occured to me that somehow Fred had caused an earthquake all by himself.

I'm beginning to think, Tivo wasn't a good thing for Bob and me. We seem to be out of the loop. I'm thinking the earth could possibly fall into oblivion and we'd still be sitting on our sofas, watching our recordings of Monk and Desperate Housewives, eating snacks and laughing our butts off.

Is this a bad thing? I just don't know.

Oh btw. We do take the paper. We don't read it. I use it for the birds cage. Maybe.....I should start looking at it first?

So what's going on out there? Is Bush still president? Did Rosie O'donnel go straight? Is it still politically incorrect to say, "midget"? Am I still vertically challenged? Or am I short again?
 
posted by Crabby at 7:50 AM |


11 Comments:


At 10/16/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Rainypete

I don't follow politics. Until they put another cowboy movie star in your big chair I'm probably oblivious. Of course, if the next guy doesn't like monkeys as much as he did I'm not likely to follow along either.

I could sleep trhough an earthquake as well. I'd probably think it was my wife trying to get me to stop snoring!

 

At 10/16/2006 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

` If it makes you feel better, I don't know the answers to those questions, either.

 

At 10/16/2006 2:06 PM, Blogger GAB

Well at least when I was getting the paper I read it. And hey your online, dont you read the news here? lol

 

At 10/16/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Crabby

Pete, I'm with ya, pal. For me the rocking and rolling would be like free magic fingers.

Seequin, LOL! In truth...ok not totally true but almost...I'm just hangin loose till all the political correctness dies off.

Gab, ummmmm. LMAO! No. No, not really. I play video games and talk to you guys. Oh, I do check the weather sometimes. That's good, right?

 

At 10/16/2006 3:43 PM, Blogger Manny

We have a woman president now.

 

At 10/16/2006 4:44 PM, Blogger Crabby

Was it Squirrel? Cause she'll make everybody save their marjarin containers and you know how I hate that.

Blogger is being a punk to me today!

I can't do squat and it'll be a miracle if this even gets posted.

 

At 10/16/2006 6:31 PM, Blogger Unknown

Well at least we all know now how that earthquake started. They were having sex and the earth literally moved for them!!

 

At 10/17/2006 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

` I suggest moving to Blogger Beta! I did, and was surprised to see that nothing about it got erased, except for people's profile pictures in the comments section for some weird reason.

 

At 10/17/2006 6:22 AM, Blogger Suze

I think Ethel had bad wind, that was no earthquake. :D

 

At 10/17/2006 7:24 AM, Blogger Crabby

Sign, Hi, baby. How are ya?

Gareth, I dunno. I've been on vacation with them. They have set designated sleeping hours. 10 to 10. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! Once she even put a sign on her door to try and keep me from buggin them. I ignored it a'course.

Seequin, I'm scairt to do it.

Suze, you must know Ethel. LMAO!