Monday, March 13, 2006
The flu has struck the
house of Crabcake and someone is surely going to be murdered before this thing is over.

All weekend long sick people wars have raged. There was the blanket pull where both Bob and I would at first ever so softly pull the blanket up to our neck thereby exposing the other persons feet to the cold air outside the blanket. Eventually however it became a full on WWF free-for-all. "STOP PULLIN ON THE BLANKET, MUCUS HEAD!"

"YOU STARTED IT!"

On and on it has gone. We have been reduced to calling each other names like, Poop Face, Snot Nostril, and Slug Bucket. We have battled over the remote to the point of getting physical, arms and legs flailing this way and that.

This morning Bob came in to the breakfast table where I sat, tissue in one hand, spoon of cereal in the other and he says, "Don't you look pretty this morning." Of course this caused Jake who was having coffee with us to bray like a jackass. "Good one," he says.

"Oh yeah, well did you look in the mirror this morning, Mr. Puffy Dough face?" I shot back at Bob. Jake shook his head. "That was lame."

At night when we're watching TV it isn't uncommon at all for one of us to say to the other, "Would you stop breathing! I can't hear the show!" Illness clearly does NOT bring out the best in people. Back in the sunroom the bird now continually shouts, "CRAP! STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!"

I tell you before this is over someone is gonna get hurt. And I also better get well like....today! Because the car show is this week and I am not gonna miss that!
 
posted by Crabby at 8:51 AM |


14 Comments:


At 3/13/2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Ahhh, feel better soon. Maybe it's not the flu - but that yucky upper respiratory thing going around. It's spring here and I'm hoping no more sicky germs going around. We had a really light flu season here. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

tina

 

At 3/13/2006 11:44 AM, Blogger jamwall

just sneeze in jake's face. that'll teach him.

 

At 3/13/2006 12:40 PM, Blogger barman

Sounds like two sets of covers are in order. As to the snide comment at the beakfast table, I say a picture is worth a thousand words and I think you should just snap something and worry about how you can blackmail him later.

Sending warm Kentucky or Tenessee HUGS your way wishing the two of you to get well like yesterday. I would send Michigan HUGS but I am sure the weather we have at the moment is from much further south than that.

 

At 3/13/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Crabby

Hi, Tina. I'm knocking for you.

Jammer, I like the way you think!

Barman, we're having some of the biggest thunderstorms the past 3 days. The ground is saturated and the rain just pounds away. A pic is a very good plan!

 

At 3/13/2006 1:11 PM, Blogger Crabby

Damned Vultures! There are 4 vultures that live in the ravine behind my house and now two of them have taken to roostin in my back yard.

Now, the last thing you wanna see when you've got the flu and have to take the dog out for her 15th pee, is a couple of Vultures craning their scrawny necks to get a better look at you. Ugly assed things!

I have a video of them. Maybe I'll post it since I'm too sick to do anything else.

 

At 3/13/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger barman

I think they are circling waiting for you to die. Aren't there any small kids in the area for a sacrifice?

Better get well quick so you can foil there plan. I would imagine a movie could be fun...

 

At 3/13/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Crabby

Barman, I KNOW! They did the same damn thing when my dog was dying. Miserable things!

Denny, aaaaaaaahhhhhhh CHOO! oops.

 

At 3/13/2006 5:52 PM, Blogger Yorkshire Pudding

Crabcake - "Nasahville Skyline" was Dylan's country album - made in Nashville - but Cash only figures in that one song. Nice blog by the way... I'll be back.

 

At 3/13/2006 10:27 PM, Blogger josh williams

Getting sick makes me feel like crap. Given my druthers I would avoid all maladys, alas I have been tested and am human...I to have had a few bouts with mal da winter but have so far have not been kilt, by the malady or my loved ones pissed off by my whining. May your family live through this plauge. JW

 

At 3/14/2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Mone

I like the Mr. Puffy Dough face the best. Hope you get well soon...

 

At 3/14/2006 12:23 AM, Blogger wallycrawler

I find when I'm sick sympathy sex works wonders . Pops the synapses and opens air waves . Don't believe me ask the experts ?

On second thought don't bother I am an expert !

 

At 3/14/2006 7:11 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

MUCUS HEAD? AHAHHAHAHAAAAAAA...

Better yet?

 

At 3/14/2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Crabby

Yorkshire, thanks. I have i-tunes so I can download the cash/dillon song.

Josh, get your black suit cleaned. Today may be the day I die. I feel like crap.

LOL! Cappy, thanks for the offer anyway, my fine sea going matey!

Mone, I thought it was good too. But the guys rated it badly.

Wally, can't believe I'm gonna say this but *sigh* I have no energy for sex today. Might as well be dead and buried already. Moan.

Milky, no. I think I'm dying. Pretty sure. Hope so. That or at least unconsciousness would be nice.

 

At 3/14/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Hazed

Ah, Hon. I'm so sorry yall are all sick. We all just got over it, too. Fortunately for my family, though, I'm one of those worriers who thinks a deep cough is pneumonia and if a fever is above 99.9, it MUST be Scarlett Fever, so I flutter about and give in to their every whim. As I walk around in a fog with snot running from my nose. Next time, I'm gonna fight for the cover and tell them all off! I like your way much better.