Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Please don't let this distract from the fun below. And I wouldn't post it but I just found this thing and I'd thought it was gone forever. I had forgotten a friend made a special card for me with this in it. It's the eulogy I wrote for my Mother's funeral.

I give this to you all now as a gift to single Mother's struggling to survive. Know that your children will not forget. I didn't.


She was a champion.
A pioneer for all the young Mother's
who stumbled along behind her, onto
the thorny path of single parenthood.
She took no hand-outs.
Asked for no help.
Her children were her life.
She fed them, clothed them,
and slew their dragons.

She did it all with honor and honesty.
But more than this, she did it with love.
She leaves behind a legacy of great courage.
We were blessed to have her and will miss
her sorely, every hour of every day,
till we feel her gentle touch again,
in God's open doorway.
 
posted by Crabby at 4:24 PM |


8 Comments:


At 3/07/2006 8:27 PM, Blogger Hazed

You touched my heart with this. Thank you so much for sharing your words and this lovely piece of your mother.

 

At 3/07/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger SignGurl

I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must have been to write this. Thank you for sharing it with us.

 

At 3/07/2006 10:39 PM, Blogger Crabby

I had to write it. She didn't go to church. The pastor doing the service had never met her. Nobody really knew her. I couldn't let her go out of this world without someone knowing that she mattered.

Besides, I owed her.

 

At 3/07/2006 11:33 PM, Blogger barman

That makes one appreciate both your Mom and you all that much more. Thank you.

 

At 3/08/2006 5:55 AM, Blogger Mone

Thank you from a single mother of two little angels for your beautiful words.

 

At 3/08/2006 8:42 AM, Blogger Crabby

barman (pssst) I'll tell you a secret. Her touch wasn't all that gentle when she caught me sneaking in at 2 in the morning. Somehow she ALWAYS managed to connect with the back of my head full on. No matter how quick I did the duck and run.

Mone, you are so very welcome.

 

At 3/08/2006 8:46 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

Very touching Crabs...you are quite the wordsmith.

Thanks for sharing it. xxoo

 

At 3/08/2006 12:34 PM, Blogger barman

So Crabby, did you grow up to be a pretty good person? I am sure she had a part in that. She did the best she could.

I, only a few times, snuck in late but is was OK. Just the same I got to know my Fathers belt pretty good for a little while there. Not that I was real terrible but I did rebell a little bit.