Friday, July 21, 2006
Yesterday was not a good one. It was a fancy dress and shoe-shopping day. For the record, I hate fancy dress and shoe shopping.

On the way to the mall I stopped at DQ to cheer myself up. When I tipped the cone up to eat it, the top of the ice cream swirl fell off in my lap causing the little boy in the booth across from me to giggle hysterically. 15 bitty DQ napkins later ..... the ice cream was off, but pink, green, and yellow, spots decorated my crotch. I didn’t have much time cause we had an appointment last night so the question was, go back home, change, and head out to shop or ……get another cone and don’t worry about the colorful crotch. You probably know me well enough by now to know which way I went.


After that, things went downhill.

I am 5 feet 1 and a half inches tall. My waist is 21 inches. Hips are 33. I am of freakish proportions. They do NOT make skirts or pants that fit that. Unless I can get elastic or a draw string I am dead in the water. EVERYTHING has to be tried on. It’s friggin TORTURE!

I finally found some stuff that I thought “might’ work at one of the trendy young people places. I hauled all my junk back to the dressing room. It’s important to note here, I can NOT stand up on one foot without falling over. So I always lean against the wall when I’m putting on a skirt or pants. Sadly what I didn’t know as I tried on my first skirt was, at this place, the walls are not solid. They’re curtains. Which is how my fat ass landed square in the middle of 3 proper southern ladies trying on formal wear in the dressing room ….er …… tent ….next to mine.

I was mortified! Not only was I laying there sprawled out like a stuffed turkey but I was wearing my worn out panties with the bare elastic on the waist. Yeah, I know. Sexy.

You think it can’t get worse? Wrong. In the new trendy stores the guys who work there are allowed back in the ladies dressing area right along with the girls. When by reflex, I grabbed the curtain. I didn’t pull it all the way off but most definitely opened both dressing areas to any body and everybody in that general area.
Sooooooo, not only was I mortified but the lovely Southern gal who was trying to pry her fancy size 8 gown over her size 12 hips was none too happy either. She was really, really ticked at me. And I can’t blame her. I’m an idiot. Her friends were cool though. They were nice enough to call me aside later and tell me it was the most fun they’d ever had going out with her cause she’s so stuffy.

After that, the day went straight to hell.

Today wasn’t so good. And…..

Now tomorrow I have a wedding to go to. Weddings don’t go much better for me than funerals. I’m actually stressing over this.

When? When am I gonna mature? Ever????? I’m such an idiot! I know you guys think I make this stuff up but if you ask anyone who knows me, Ethel, Bob, Manny, Squirrel, Jake, ….. they will all tell you straight up …. This crap happens to me and YES! I am that stupid.
 
posted by Crabby at 3:20 PM |


15 Comments:


At 7/21/2006 4:25 PM, Blogger Roxi

honey... I get to post the first comment and say...

HA HA!! * POINTS FINGER**

thats some funny fucking shit there woman..

I love you for it..

hey.. at least you didnt set your hand on fire... in front of your whole family... like..

oh..

me.


yeah..

 

At 7/21/2006 4:48 PM, Blogger Prash

Happy Weekend !!!

 

At 7/21/2006 4:48 PM, Blogger Prash

In French, it is "Bon Weekend"...

 

At 7/21/2006 5:39 PM, Blogger SignGurl

c-a-n-t b-r-e-a-t-h-e because I'm laughing so hard.

How in the hell do you have a 21" waist? That's like Scarlet O'hara tiny. I'm so jealous.

Love ya!

 

At 7/21/2006 7:00 PM, Blogger Crabby

Hi, GUYS!

I am soooooo toasted, wasted, buzzed.

But I owe it to you all, cuz ya know I just love ya so much to tell you, if you say flubberbunky 6 times fast, you can not stop laughing.

Go ahead. give it a shot.

I'm goin back out.

 

At 7/21/2006 7:59 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl

I absolutely love your life. LOVE IT. I thought you were going to say an actual wall gave way when you leaned on it. I've had the DISpleasure of changing in those tent things.

Hell, one bridal place I went to when I was a freaking bridesmaid had a HUGE, OPEN room. The only things in there to 'help' out were freaking pegs on the walls. It was like fucking show and tell, sister.

Hope the wedding is bearable! Keep your chin up! At worst, you'll return with GREAT bloggy stories!

 

At 7/22/2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Roxi

mmmm mcdonalds..

sweeettt

 

At 7/22/2006 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

You truly are the "Dairy Queen".

And, as soon as you mentioned the change room wall and the one legged lean.........I just knew where you were taking us.

Where is the camera when we need it most eh ?

 

At 7/22/2006 5:00 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` Haaaaaaaaa!!

` Actually, you know I really like it when people do things that piss off stuffy people!

` Whee!

 

At 7/22/2006 7:19 PM, Blogger barman

Crabby, only you. I must admit I was expecting more with the stains from the sprinkles. Silly me.

I thought the whole changing area was coming down but no, you leaned on a curtain. I have not had the pleasure of such changing area. Thank goodness. I do not balance well so occasionally I need a sturdy wall also.

Hey hang in there. I was to a wedding yesterday and I discovered I had no directions and no one to call. Luckily my Sister finally answered her phone after turning it off because it was playing its happy little rune in the middle of the wedding. Fo me, however, weddings are easy as I put a camera to my eyes and hardly do anything else. Over 5 hours I managed to take 340 pictures. If I ever end up dating someone again I am going to have to avoid weddings as I am sure "she" would never understand.

Anyway, good luck at the wedding and for heaven sakes, ovoid ice cream if there is any at the wedding. 33, 21 ... sure your are not a petite teen or something. Lucy sure does get into a lot of trouble for being small in stature.

 

At 7/22/2006 10:48 PM, Blogger Cherrie

Funny story! But I understand why you hate shopping for form-fitting clothes, since the form they are fitting is not yours. What a bummer. You are probably stunning in real life, though!

 

At 7/23/2006 3:55 AM, Blogger Manny

Tsk Tsk Tsk.....
Can't take you anywhere.

 

At 7/23/2006 8:58 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` Ovoid ice cream? I have a strange image now.....

 

At 7/25/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger Pat & Reg

Damn that's funny! I can totally see you toppling over!!! Ha ha ha ha!!!

 

At 2/28/2007 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

What a great site » »