Friday, February 23, 2007
For the next few Fridays I want to dedicate this blog to some of the folks I have met on-line.
The question of weather or not you can make true friendships with someone you've only spoken to on-line comes up often. I will admit to being burned many times by people pretending to be someone they are not. But as far as I'm concerned the good folks I've met make it all worth while.

So, come by on Friday's. See some people through my eyes. Get to know them yourselves while I'm away. And who knows .... you could be next up on Tribute Friday. LOL!
PS. Don't get used to all this sappy crap cuz, there's no way I can maintain it any length of time.

Milkmaid.

(she’ll hate I did this, which a’course makes it ever so much more fun)
When I first met Milky…9..10 years ago…we were on a General Hospital message board. I have to tell you, I found myself instantly drawn to the crazy, outspoken, Texican. And BOY HOWDY can she be outspoken. LOL!
When I got hit by my very first flamer, I was instantly crushed. I’d never posted on-line before and I have to tell you I was soooo humiliated and embarrassed that I immediately stopped posting ….. (but not reading). Damned if that crazy Texican didn’t go RAMBO on those flamers. OMG! You’ve not lived till you watch a pissed off Texan in action.
As you mighta figured, I posted again. And Milky’s been putting out my behind the curtain fires and defending me like a rabid bulldog ever since.
We’ve been together thru births and deaths. Celebrated our birthdays, sent Christmas presents, and decorated countless rooms together.
We almost met…in person. We had hotel rooms and flights booked, and HUGE pranks planned for the other gals. Then two jet airplanes crashed into the Twin Towers. I know because Milky IM’d me and told me to turn the tv on RIGHT NOW! I did, and we watched together, shocked and horrified by what we were seeing.
Never tell me that true friendships can’t be made on-line. Milkmaid and I have laughed, cried, and yes, even had our share of knock down, drag outs. (Happily with her so far away, no physical damaged has ever occured. Otherwise there's no telling which of us would have the most knots on our head. LOL! )

She is my friend and I love her.

I can tell you for a fact when we finally meet in person that red-haired Texan is gonna get the breath hugged clean out of her.
PS. Thought you all might enjoy a sample from mine and Milky’s IM yesterday afternoon while I was writing this.

crabgotgame: I'm writing my tributes for tomorrow
milkmaid1979: ok. LOL, I'll leave ya alone
crabgotgame: Naw. I gotta stop anyhow. Yours made me cry
milkmaid1979: OH PLEASE, did you kill me?
crabgotgame: not yet
crabgotgame: I haven't figured out how yer gonna go


Barman.

Well, I gotta tell ya… I never thought my adopted brother would turn out to be a wolverine but….there it is.
What can I tell you about barman that you don’t already know for yourselves? That he’s a good sport? Nnnnn no. You know that. That he’s probably one of the most genuinely decent people on the net? Nnnnn no. You all GOTTA have figured that one out.
I’ll tell you this, I believe I can always count on him to tell me the truth, even if he thinks it’s something I don’t wanna hear. I respect him more than I can say for always, ALWAYS being himself.
He is a man of integrity. A while back some of the gals and I were going to do a board with fake girls on it…guys posting as girls….as a joke on Jake. (for those of you who don’t know, Jake is my son and MAN did he get me a good one with this made up ho he called Honeyhive. DAMN I STILL HATE HER, even though I know now he made her up. LOL…. K …another story.) Anyway, Barman couldn’t do it. As nicely as he could he told me honestly that he just wouldn't feel right deceiving Jake or anyone like that. He did add however that he thought it was a funny idea. LOL!
Before you annoint him for saint hood, I will warn you, the man has an ornery side. He’s just as likely to zing you as any of my other friends. Trust me.
All in all, wolverine or no, I could not ask for a finer brother. Nor one I’m more proud of.


Gareth.

Yeegads! This crazy Irishman has spent so much time yankin on my pigtails that I swear my hair has grown two inches longer since I met him. Ornery doesn’t even begin to describe Gareth. I doubt a minute of the day goes by that he isn’t plotting something or another. As soon as I see his name on a comment, I smile and get ready…. because…I know….KNOW……it’s coming. I never know what for sure….but there’s always something. LOL!

What I didn’t know is that Gareth ….no…you know what….you guys need to read Gareth’s own words to understand what I was going to try to say here.
Here’s a link to his post and ladies before you read his post, be prepared to find a huge soft spot forever embedded in your hearts for this young, mischievous, fella. He is honest in a way most of us won't or can't be.

http://stevepitts.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html
When you get there, scroll down to the post entitled, "Facing the Future."

Do yourselves a favor a get to know these 3 better (if you don’t already) while I’m busy catching up with myself.

Barman
http://bryanscorner.blogspot.com/

Gareth
http://stevepitts.blogspot.com/

Milky of course…is stuck here with me at the field. LOL!

And that is it for this weeks tributes. Next Friday come back for 3 more. I’m not nearly finished.
 
posted by Crabby at 7:38 AM |


37 Comments:


At 2/23/2007 9:49 AM, Blogger CozyMama

ohh - I am 1st, I think that means something. ;)

 

At 2/23/2007 9:50 AM, Blogger CozyMama

VERY cool that you are doing this. Now that I read Milkmaids, I must got check her out. Barman is a super guy, even if he is a Wolverine.....bLECH, GO IRISH. NOTRE DAME ROCKS!!! sorry had to get that in there. Happy Friday.

 

At 2/23/2007 11:44 AM, Blogger G-Man

Jodi? Did you go to Notre Dame?
I doubt it your TOO smart!
Crabby, What a wonderful tribute to 3 people that are dear to you. You my dear, are the funniest, and most creative person in Bloggerville. Thanks for entertaining us every day...Galen

 

At 2/23/2007 11:59 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

OMG, I'm so gonna knot your head for making me cry my dearest friend!!!

I love you too Pammie, more than you will ever ever know.

 

At 2/23/2007 12:01 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

HA..I clicked on that picture and it's GIANT!!! Holy cow. I was FAAAREEZING in Sturgis in that picture. They made awful fun of me for turning on the heat in the truck.

Ok, now I'm off to read the other tributes. You rock Crabby. XXOO

 

At 2/23/2007 12:05 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

You never told me Barman said no...ahahahahahahah, and he's your friend, with all the tales and plans you make????? Oh Lord, we must corrupt this man!!

 

At 2/23/2007 12:07 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

Gareth gets more laughs, with fewer words than any commenter I've seen in some time. :) I will make time to go to his blog..I get blog lazy.

 

At 2/23/2007 12:42 PM, Blogger barman

I think you need to have Rodney come in and write one about you.

You know I had no idea you and Milkmaid had not met. The way I have seen some of the posts and comments I thought you had met at least once.

There sure are a lot of super people out there to meet along with a few, well less super people. I do not know Gareth to much but if you think the world of him... Of course Milky I can tell she would be one fun person to hang with. Glad you to have stayed friends for so long.

Hey I can be corrupted. Let's go...

 

At 2/23/2007 12:44 PM, Blogger barman

I forgot to say thank you Crabbs. I don't know what it is but we just fell in like brother and sister and it fits. Like you said, you sure can make friends online.

 

At 2/23/2007 12:47 PM, Blogger Crabby

jodes, Thank you! I thought about it and decided if I can only be here for a couple days a week, I want to use at least one of them to let you all know how I feel.
PS. During the OSU/Michigan game I was on the phone with Barman. He was in a bar watching and the bar was full of Buckeye fans. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! GO BUCKS!

g-man, thanks for that! And you are one of the funniest new additions we've seen on blogger for awhile. (and very fun to mess with) LOL!

Milky, I'm wearing my special sneakers today. You'd never catch me.
Freezing? Really? What was the temp? 60? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!
I gotta admit, Barman is my very first uncorruptable friend. sigh. It's troubling.
Agree on Gareth. His zings are short and pack a wallop. I'm thinking we have a natural here. Which is gonna make him hard to keep up with. Good thing we have experience. LOL!

 

At 2/23/2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Crabby

Barman, I know! It feels like Milky and I live next door to each other. And we sure know enough about each others houses, yards, and critters for that to be true. But...nope. Someday. Bob's sister lives in Austin so when we finally can get away from the business and head out that way, I'll be looking for my feisty friend.

Some folks just come together naturally, like you and I did. Brother and sister forever, in spite of the post you wrote about our mascot being a giant nut. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! That was soooo wrong, for a minute there I thought to myself....OMG! Dad got around a lot...maybe Barman isn't just my adopted bro maybe he's my real biological brother!
I'm scairt of what Rodney would say. LOL!
However, I am about to extend an invitation to Iris to guest host my blog while I'm getting all caught up and fit, if she's willing.

You're welcome, bro. It's an honor to be your sis.

 

At 2/23/2007 1:28 PM, Blogger Unknown

Aww shucks I'm welling up here again. Why do you like tormenting me? Do you not think that leprechauns have a hard enough time in the real world without silly online humans giving them the idea that their eulogy has already been written before they are even dead!! :D
I'm underwhelmed by the high regard with which you hold me in and your generosity knows quite a lot of bounds and if I ever get to meet you in real life I will run up to you, throw my arms around you and chuck you into the nearest river and piss myself laughing ;-)
Nah seriously I do feel very happy to be an online friend of yours you ginger nutter!

I actually thought that you and Milkmaid were real sisters. Yes yes laugh at me, everyone else does :(

And Barman from what I know about him through comments in a really smashing guy who also loves to buy everyone a drink when the need arises so Barman I'll take a beer. Cheers :D

 

At 2/23/2007 2:15 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

Crabby...one of your very first posts about real life and not General Hospital stuff (it's SO not the same watching that show without you) you posted about your MONDAY SHIRT, with a hole in it. Clipping your roses back. Do you rememeber?

Doesn't seem like much, but that was one of the first stories that had me HOOKED on you. That and your story about Jake cleaning out the basement and you stopping the count of trash bags at seven.

YOur cursing bird and when you posted pictures of Smilin George hiding behind the toilet when he was in trouble. I thought YEAH RIGHT, sure, uh huh. And there the stinker was, right behind the toilet looking like he'd ate the canary.

You are a wordsmith, one of my favorite storytellers for sure.

I SO WISHED I'd have saved some of that. I do have many of your photos saved...no stories tho. Only in my pea brain.

And....YES IT WAS FUCKING COLD. It was the first week of August for God sake and I had my leather jacket on, which is NOT a sissy jacket, it's lined and heavy. It was 32 out that night. Woke up ...IN AUGUST...with frost all over the ground, my bike, my tent and nose was as red as my hair.

 

At 2/23/2007 2:16 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

Gareth, you MUST promise to take pictures of this river tossing. I'll pay you.

BWAHAHAHAHAAA......

And I do count her as my sister. No doubt.

 

At 2/23/2007 3:54 PM, Blogger Crabby

Gareth? Ginger nutter? See? Talking to the Irish is like working a puzzle. You'll read along thinking all is going well then...BLAMO they throw that Irish stuff at ya and you're scratching a hole clean thru the top of your head tryin to figure out what they just said.

Milky and I are sisters by heart. So you weren't far wrong. But I'll still laugh at you. LOL!

Note to self: When near the river, always, ALWAYS, keep an eye out for leprechauns.
OO...hold on. Leprechauns are what...2 feet tall? ahhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! Like you're gonna get my over-sized sit-upon off the ground. I knew growin' the internet ass back would be good for something.

Milky, YES! I remember. That was my favorite shirt. I loved that monday shirt. The one with the hole over my right breast. sigh I miss that shirt.

I wish I'd saved some of those stories too. And some of them from the parlor. What a hoot!

I still remember when I opened Friday's World merging the GH folks with the parlor folks. Total opposites those two sites yet lots of them came together like peanut butter and jelly. It was great!

oooooo. Remember when we kidnapped Dolly? ahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! You were terrible at at guard duty.

Yep. I wish I'd kept all of it. All the stories and adventures. Especially the stuff with Emily. Man that short Canadian could put up a fight when it came to Luke.

Course these guys have no clue what thee hell we're talking about.
Trust me guys...it was good times. Some of the best. I even posted a pic of one of my oven fires. LOL!

 

At 2/23/2007 5:00 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

I ....

I don't know if I like these M&M colors. And I tried like heck to change the hex codes and it won't do it. Anybody out there know how to do that??

Not you Crabby.

 

At 2/23/2007 5:18 PM, Blogger Crabby

No really. I can fix it. Hang on. I'm good at this.

 

At 2/23/2007 5:19 PM, Blogger Crabby

what's a hex code?

 

At 2/23/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

They have blue M&Ms now too yanno.

 

At 2/23/2007 5:47 PM, Blogger SignGurl

You are simply the most caring person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting (I hope we will someday).

You went out of your way to make me feel better about myself. I love you!

Ok, this is starting to sound like a memorial service instead of a friendship post.

Please stay our lovable, CrabCake!

 

At 2/23/2007 6:56 PM, Blogger barman

Is it just me or are my eyes going. Every time I visit your blog I see a different color. I can't take it any more. I am going mad, MAD I SAY!!!

 

At 2/23/2007 6:57 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!!

Way cool to give tribute to your friends, there is much of this going around right now. I was wrapt to be featured on a friend's blog, a friend I haven't met in the flesh as yet. I plan on catching up with her for a few drinks and laughs when I am next in Sydney though. Blogging has had me meet up with quite a few people in the flesh. We are all as nutty and funny as our blogs are too.

 

At 2/24/2007 1:20 AM, Blogger GAB

Oh that is so neat(neat does anyone say that any more?) What a way to share your friends with others. While I havent really talked to Milky I have with Barman. He is just the greatest. And I think you are as well. Im so glad Ive gotten to know you somewhat here on blogger.

 

At 2/24/2007 2:10 PM, Blogger G-Man

Crabby? You know what they are building on the corner from here?
About 1 block away? A brand new..
Tim Horton's!!! YAY!!
Have a great and dust free week-end!

 

At 2/24/2007 3:20 PM, Blogger Bare

I think that's really sweet! You can definitely make some real, true friends on line-- thanks for sharing some of yours with us! :0)

 

At 2/25/2007 7:54 AM, Blogger G-Man

Mornin sweetie,
I bet a tall hot refreshing Tim Horton's would hit the spot eh?

Yeah, you can have 2 Timbits! It won't hurt that thin bitchin bod of yours...WOW!!!

 

At 2/25/2007 4:57 PM, Blogger Dan

These people actually exist?? How can that be?

I don't exist? Do I? Wait ... (going to look into the mirror) ... Holy Bejesus!! What the f***? I do exist!

Woah! I guess I should start dinner or something. Jeez.

 

At 2/25/2007 8:47 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

What's for dinner Dan?

 

At 2/25/2007 10:40 PM, Blogger Rainypete

That's awesome! Wonderfully done.

 

At 2/26/2007 9:28 AM, Blogger G-Man

Mornin Crabby,
So...This is like Dallas when Bobby Ewing woke up from a dream and nothing happened?

It's OK, just wonderin if I missed something......

 

At 2/26/2007 10:14 AM, Blogger CozyMama

you have a different color background every time I visit!!

G-MAN did you just diss the Irish???? No I did not go there, I am just a fan or their football and hockey.

 

At 2/27/2007 8:45 AM, Blogger G-Man

Yes Jodi, days ago!

Mornin Crabby,
( patiently waiting )

 

At 2/27/2007 9:13 AM, Blogger Unknown

Milkmaid I will send you a copy of that pic. I have it all worked out in my head. Firstly I am going to ....... oh no wait, I can't tell you what will happen because then Crabby will know what it coming and she will have counter-measures put in place. If she does work it all out beforehand I will have a backup plan ready to kick into action and my counter-measure will trump her counter-measure.
Ok I'm away to sign up for the marines. All of this counter-measure stuff has given me an appetite to join a crack commando unit of the SEALS. Do you think their underwater gear will make my butt look big???

 

At 2/27/2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Crabby

Hi guys!

I'm happy to see you all and sorry I can't be around. We've had a bit of a crisis here and I'm on guard for another 2 days till it passes. I'll post that briefly up top here in a second.

GARETH! MILKY! What are you two up to?
G...infiltrate their camp, will ya? tell me what they've got planned this time. ooooooooooo. Those two together are a real dangerous combination.

 

At 2/28/2007 7:49 PM, Blogger angela marie

Isn't it the truth? I'm just getting to know your fellas thru the comments here, but it seems as though they are two good ones!
Milky? I've know her for some time too...it must be at least 6 years. Of course when I met her, it was thru ONMESSA's board and I was more of a lurker for a long time. Luckily, I was able to get to know her much better in the last few years and I feel so fortunate. She is a protective Mama Bear for her friends, surrounding a very tender heart and soul.
And Crabby, you too. I've also known you (though you didn't know me at the time) for quite a while. I love your sense of humor, and the way you tell a story. You are a great friend to many and I'm glad I've been able to get to know you.

Is it right to do this to a woman during a PMS week?

 

At 3/01/2007 3:41 PM, Blogger jillie

What an amazing blog and a terrific way to say thank you to your friends for being who they are. I took your advise and went to Garth's blog. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. Oh what a sweet man!

Thanks for the warm fuzzy feeling crabby ;o)

 

At 3/01/2007 3:42 PM, Blogger jillie

Ok...so I can't spell either. I meant Gareth. Where did Garth come from?