Wednesday, February 14, 2007
If I said to you, "It's hard to make a poop when your butt is in the snow." What would you think? Seriously.
That's what I said to Bob and Jake last night while we were eating dinner and they both nearly choked on their food because they were laughing so hard.
Jake regaining his composure first says, "So why are you pooping in the snow?"
"Good question," Bob agrees.
I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE DOG! Poor thing. The snow is so deep now she can't get her butt above it. But thanks to last nights ice storm and the freezing weather, she can now walk across the top of the snow and not sink. I'm betting that's a relief to her anus. Not that I'm going to ask it or anything.


I took this last night after everybody went to bed. No flash. It's that bright outside!
















Lucy, a.k.a, Nanook of the North, has developed an addiction to snow ball eating. She stays out there so long sometimes she can barely walk when she gets inside because snow gets caked between the pads of her feet.
So I have to take a paper towel and remove all the snow and ice from between her pads. Sadly for me, Lucy also has a passion for paper products which means the whole time I'm trying to do her a solid she's trying to grab the paper towel so she can eat it.


And last but for me not least....check out the steps that run up from my basement.

IT'S A GIANT SLED HILL! only problem.....good chance we'd run head first into that heavy door at the bottom. Soon as I figure out a way around that, I might give it a go.

I do wonder tho, how am I gonna shovel this so the junk hauling guys can carry the big junk up outa my basement?

Oh well, we won't worry about that. It's still a good sledding hill.
 
posted by Crabby at 3:37 PM |


14 Comments:


At 2/14/2007 4:47 PM, Blogger barman

OK, solution 1, open the door!!! If you open the door and pile up some pillows inside the basement than you should be fine and you will land in a pile of pillows (or comforters, etc)

Solution 2, do you have a drain at the bottom of the stairs. You could attach a hose the the hot water tank or ot a spiket, turn on the hot water and spray it with a hose. Make sure you have a nozzle on the end of the hose. Make sure you have gloves as it could get pretty warm or hot. Make sure you do not spray to much or you might flood your basement.

What you think?

 

At 2/14/2007 5:03 PM, Blogger Crabby

I'm likin the pillow idea. LOL!

There is a drain out there. Assuming I don't melt stuff faster than the drain can take it....could be a most excellent plan.

 

At 2/14/2007 6:39 PM, Blogger Manny

OK, But one of the guys at work, his driveway is a steep hill. You know, like the first house you 2 built. Well, his drain is frozen. Nothing is draining. He has about a foot of frozen rock hard ice and can't even use his garage.

I guess what i'm saying is...check the drain first.

The pillow idea is excellent. Or just have Jake stand at the bottom to catch you when you get there.

 

At 2/14/2007 7:49 PM, Blogger SignGurl

I hope there's not a rug inside the door or you could get serious rug burn.

I'm on my way to be the guinea pig.

 

At 2/14/2007 8:23 PM, Blogger GAB

Ah Lucky you. Then again maybe not so lucky. All the snow missed us all we got was the freezing cold! Which really is ok with me as I really dont like snow. Not even sledding! (yep party pooper! lol)

 

At 2/14/2007 8:24 PM, Blogger GAB

Oh yeah and I forgot yes I want to see pictures of the stairs!

 

At 2/14/2007 9:52 PM, Blogger Manny

I'll take the snow over freezing rain any day! Or even freezing cold as far as that goes.

 

At 2/14/2007 10:33 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!!

Melt the snow with a flame thrower :) Then you can suck the water up with a water vacuum thingy and then they can get your crap outta your basement :)
Pics have to ensue of course :)

 

At 2/14/2007 10:50 PM, Blogger Unknown

I think the the pooping in the snow thesis needs to be check out via objective experimentation. Since you have snow and I don't, guess who is nominated.

 

At 2/14/2007 11:06 PM, Blogger G-Man

Poor Lucy, she needs to give my mutts lesson in proper animal toiletry, in adverse weather.
You guys got hit MUCH worse than us..Sorry.

 

At 2/15/2007 8:37 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

It's so pretty...like fluffy white icing on a cake!

 

At 2/15/2007 9:54 AM, Blogger Shanshu

That stairway in the back looks like FUN. I'm sure I'd have to get drunk before I had the courage to slide down it into the inevitable stone wall at the bottom, though.

 

At 2/15/2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Unknown

Your little doggie has feelings and it's not right that you should be talking about her ass behind her back (that is arguably the same thing :P)

I haven't had any snow here yet and am I still hopeful that I don't.

It's a dog's life but some poor sod has to live it eh?

Happy (belated) little arrow and red heart day

 

At 2/15/2007 2:36 PM, Blogger Crabby

Manny, surely you don't doubt Barman's and my own ability to come up with a simple easy flowing plan???? We're smart. Really smart. Like genius level smart almost.
PS. Do you know how to get wood stain off your skin? I accidentally scratched my forehead while I was working on the stairs.

Sign...NOT YET! DON'T PUSH OFF! WE FORGOT THE PILLOWS! ooooo. I totally have an impression of signs head on my basement door now! How cool is that?

Gab, Would you believe because of all the ice under it that I can walk across the top of the snow without leaving footprints even. We must have 9 or 10 inches here at my place already and it's snowing again today. Kinda like being in Alaska only no glaciers.....yet.

Manny, I don't like to be cold either. Wear layers. Layers work like a charm. That way you don't have to stay inside. You can play.

Cazzie, at long last....somebody who thinks like me. I'm gonna adopt you. You can be the daughter I never had.

Nick, You're crafty. I'll give ya that. But I'm not gonna poop on the snow for ya. However, I may be able to get Lucy to do it. LOL!

G, My other two dogs wouldn't dream of going outside to do their business in this weather. That's why they're stuck in their play areas with piddle pads.

Milky, When we were kids we used to make snow cones out of the snow. Then some grown up ruined it by telling us dogs peed on it.

Shanshu, no you wouldn't. I'd grab ya and slide ya down with me. (possibly in the front) LOL!

Gareth, in all honesty, I wouldn't have wanted to be Lucy or any other dog that day. Now the snow is frozen solid so they don't sink any more but the 3 labs next door were hysterical to watch for awhile there.
Happy belated Valentines to you too. You know, I've been thinking, we need to find you some adorable little hottie with a good sense of humor. Gonna be a tough project for me with you in Ireland and me here but I've hooked folks up before. One couple has been married now for 15 years. I'm THAT good.