Saturday, January 28, 2006
I am a victim of "Mom discrimination".

Are you a Mom? Do you have a Mom? Because it has recently come to my attention that being a Mom is not a good thing in the world of blogs. I find myself slightly bemused by the notion that there are people here in blog land who prefer to avoid me because I am the mother of another blogger here. Who told? It sure as hell wasn't me. I'm a stand or fall on my own kinda girl.

I can only surmise that it is expected once we have birthed the human unit, and reared them up the only thing we are still good for would be, possibly baking cookies? Or maybe a nice sewing hobby? Anything that keeps us out of the way. Interesting concept. Not gonna happen. Least not with this mom.

Oh sure, I could find another hobby. Something more sedate perhaps? I could honor the wishes of still other family members who constantly beg and moan for me to "grow up" and do something productive. Hell, maybe we could get me into some kind of electric shock therapy and just have my whole fucking brain rewired so I walked around drooling on myself all the time but most importantly, do not speak, get in the way, or dare to make my presence known.

What the hell? If I had a nickle for everytime some dick head asked me to try a behave like an adult, I'd have that new video camera now. Look, I am someone's mom. So? Explain why that's a problem and I'll explain to you how noone would be here to blog at all if nobody stepped up the plate, birthed and raised the little boogers. The fact that the man-kid grows up to be resentful that you reside in his universe is a tad unsettling but...trust me, I can live with it.

Lastly, for you young folks, when you are 54 will you be ready to go softly into that good night? To sit on the sofa and watch the history channel? Put yourself ahead a few years. Are you going to be willing to "stay out of the way"? I sure as hell hope not.

So there it is. For those of you who are not in the inner circle and didn't know. I am a fellow blogger's mother. oooooooooooooo. How scary is that? Look it's the boogy mom! She's gonna narc us all out. She'll know we have sex! and we swear! ooooooooooooooo.

Pah-freakin-please! Wipe your noses and get over it. I was here first. I WROTE that book, children. And here's a newsflash for ya....it won't be the last one I write.
 
posted by Crabby at 8:36 AM |


16 Comments:


At 1/28/2006 10:06 AM, Blogger Crabby

LOL! Denny, you kill me.

Yes, I'm really 54 and that's most definitely me in both the avatar and the critic pic. Fact, my face is plastered all over this blog. LOL!

And it'll be me in the videos.

I like all men. They're easy to get along with and extremely easy to beat at poker. I've been married to the same fella for 31 years and we've known each other since the 3rd grade so I'm not gonna switch out now. ah, but if I were, I'd look you up, kiddo.

Sadly, no daughters.

 

At 1/28/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

Well......I thought ya looked like Jane, but I wasn't gonna speculate.

 

At 1/28/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

AHAHAHAHAHA Denny, you have no idea how many times THAT phrase has been used when it involves Crabby....lol!

 

At 1/28/2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Crabby

Ahhhhh ha ha ha ha. Took me a minute but I figued it out. No lies here. I'm exactly what I pretend to be. I have a step daughter. LOL!

Janie does look like a young aussie version of me, huh? Bless her heart and she's so much like me. I'd adopt her in a minute. Then I'd steal the cool family crest she created and call it mine.

Denny, you have NO idea how much trouble red has gotten me into over the years. It's always something. naked old men mailing us pictures (which we later turned into a poster and started a chain mail with) Sorry, Ray. Ya shouldn't put your little wanky out there if you don't want us to toss it around. Then there was the....oh wait...I can't talk about that one. ahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!

 

At 1/28/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger jungle jane

Mommy? have you finished my ironing?

 

At 1/28/2006 7:03 PM, Blogger barman

Oh my gosh Crabby, you are how old? I would never have guess it. This is great. You know I know a lot of Moms out in the blog world. Sure there are a bunch of 20 somethings too. For me I am enjoying everyone. I so enjoyed bumping into you and Jane yesterday. It was a high point of my day. Please don't go anywhere or change a thing.

By the way, a few of my fav Moms out there, besides you of course now, are SignGurl,
Madame X, Wendy
Chrissie
and many more. Oh and how could I forget Wenchy

I sure hope those links worked. If not I have links on my blog to them.

Moms make the blog world go round. It would not be the same without them. Now if you want to bake some cookies too that would be awesome but I am so going to enjoy getting to know you.

 

At 1/28/2006 11:12 PM, Blogger josh williams

Why in the hell are you calling me your daughter? I you so ashamed? JW

 

At 1/28/2006 11:14 PM, Blogger josh williams

hhmmm...are you so ashamed?

 

At 1/29/2006 2:24 AM, Blogger HighMaintenanceHussy

I would be honored to have such a hot and sassy mom.

My mom turns 52 this year. She is tragically unhip.

Thanks for the link...consider yourself linked over at recreational use :)

 

At 1/29/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger wallycrawler

Hey Crabs you could be my hot older long lost sister or cousin ! When my wife asks when you visit .

Been with the same guy since grade three eh ? What , did you check him out after playing doctor in the sandbox ?

I've been with my wife since I checked out her wallet at the bar , it was large and beutiful ! LOL .

 

At 1/29/2006 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

So there is a spawn of Crabcake? Do you ever set him up? Does he dance as well as you?

If so, I like long walks on the beach, quiet dinners by candlelight and I don't bite unless he asks.

 

At 1/29/2006 7:50 PM, Blogger Crabby

Milky, do we have any more of that poster board? I do believe we can lure Denny into a full Monty.

Jane, I did your laundry and put it away in the closet with the Captain. Um.....did you tell him he could wear your pink leather panties?

Barman, that's how it is for me too. I don't pay much attention to the age of a blogger just weather or not they're fun or interesting. Nothing else matters. I'll check out the links you left. Thank you.
PS. I apologize that Jane gave you the cheap brew Friday. She said we should keep the good stuff for us. Course I never woulda done that on my own.

Josh is my daughter. I didn't want to tell anyone because ...well....he has inny chesticles. He did NOT take that after me.

Highmaintenancehussy, I will have to adopt you along with Jane. Why do I get the feeling I may be in for all manner of trouble here? LOL! Thanks for the link!

Wally! Are you crazy? Sandbox? oh Hell no. We met playing tag football. He was good at it and so was I. I didn't care a thing about boys till I was much much older. till then, they were just good competion. You big wallet approach is impressive.

Ihatesausage, nobody dances as well as me. But you know, I set the bar pretty high on dancin and singin. It's my specialty. Just think, I could hook you guys up and then I'd have a son annnnd his girlfriend both avoiding me on the net. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha h ha ha ha!
He's good for beach walking but dangerous around flames.

 

At 1/29/2006 10:05 PM, Blogger ing

Crabby:

Give that son of yours a spanking for me and then post your belly button, okay? It's all the rage.

 

At 1/29/2006 11:17 PM, Blogger Crabby

Ing. That's a most excellent idea. On HNT I do believe I'll be able to topple the man-child right over the edge. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!

You realize, of course, he doesn't think I have a belly button.

 

At 1/30/2006 2:47 AM, Blogger ing

Well he damn well should know it! His own is the result of the very line that kept him alive!

Topple him, mama! Show 'im!

 

At 1/30/2006 10:04 PM, Blogger barman

Hey crabcake, it wasn't the ultra cheap stuff so I am fine. I am fine with everything else. Jane was right in holding on to the good stuff.