Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Bed at 10:30. Read till 11:20. Toss, turn. toss, turn. Asleep by maybe 12.

sometime beofore 2:30 am. I have to pee. Ignoring it. Must sleep. Turn over. Hope to settle urine to more available spot within bladder.

Turn over again.

Bladder becomes irate. "GET UP RIGHT NOW OR I'M LETTING GO RIGHT HERE!'

Fine. Get up, stumble into bathroom. Peek at clock. 2:30 am. Appease pushy bladder. Wash hands. Stumble back to bed.

Turn right. Left. Right. on stomach. turn right. Left. beat pillow. hang leg over bedside. lay on back. turn right. Left.

4:45 am. Give up. Slip on clothes. Paddle out to guest bathroom so as not to awaken the man of the house.

Look in mirror. "Damn I look good for 54. Really good. I practically turn myself on looking at how good I look." (voice inside head speaks up) "Oh really? Turn on the light."
"Screw you! Why aren't you asleep like the rest of them anyway? Leave me alone."

Look in mirror again. 54? In six years I'll be the same age my Mother was when she died.

Taking pulse. Seems ok to me. Did I need a timer for this? Naw. It's good.

What to do? Eureka! Take a movie of the dog eating breakfast.

Take a movie of my reflection taking a movie through the window.

Bored with movies.

Eat cereal. Drink coffee.

6:04 am Nobody is up anywhere. Not even in other houses. It's a ghost town. A GHOST TOWN!

Dog needs to go out. Open back door. Something big and dark runs across yard. Reason with dog. Now is not a good time. Dog says, "Bite me. I have to poop. NOW!"

6:07 Looking for weapon. Spot singing monkey. Snatch up singing monkey and selfish dog. Go outside. Can't see a thing but dog has pooped. This is unmistakable. Whatever was running in yard has probably died from noxious gasses emmited by big yellow dog. I may die too. Cover nose with singing monkey. Shuffle back to house.
 
posted by Crabby at 5:49 AM |


7 Comments:


At 2/22/2006 6:46 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

ehhsssh. That kinda night sucks. Makes for a bad next day too. Hope you can catch some sleep today to make up for it.

 

At 2/22/2006 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

That sux! I think I am one of those people who don't need much sleep. I rarely get 8 hours and if I do - I'm groggy. 6 is good for me. So far, I've never had insomnia. Oh sure, there are times when I've got to much on my mind (aka worrying) that I can't sleep but that's pretty rare.

Hope you have a better day!

LOL Denny!!

tina

 

At 2/22/2006 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Uh oh! You have trouble sleeping too Denny? Well, we can't blame menopause for your troubles! LOL

tina

 

At 2/22/2006 10:29 AM, Blogger SignGurl

Very descriptive post. I felt like I was there tossing and turning with you.

You always make me smile if not an outright guffaw (did I spell that right? I've wanted to use that word for like 5 minutes, hehehe)! I love what you said to yourself in the mirror.

 

At 2/22/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

I hope you are napping and not out getting in trouble, cyber or otherwise.

:)

 

At 2/22/2006 12:51 PM, Blogger Crabby

Red, you know I can't sleep in the daytime. What if I miss something?

Denny, call me tonight around 11 and fill me in on everything from your birth right up to present day. And try to use a math teacher kinda voice.

Tina, I am sooooo walkin around in fog. LOL! I keep making mistakes and bumpin into stuff.

Why, thank you, sign gurl. (here's your five bucks)

PS. I think you spell real gud. Um you have been reading my stuff, right? Cause if you do that too long you won't be able to remember how to spell anything. Until about 3 years ago I spelld tomorrow ...tomarrow. Cuz that's how I say it. Never had a clue it was wrong.
Once I got into an argument with a lady on the net and called her a looser. Damned if she didn't point out my spelling error. What could I do? I had to give the point for that one.

 

At 2/23/2006 12:34 AM, Blogger barman

I have the advantage sleeping alone. When I have one of those days I can try and sleep sideways on the bed and if that does not work then put the feet at the head board and head at the bottom. For some reason that works sometimes. For me, however, the perfect cure is wait until about an hour before you have to be awake and you can fall asleep in a heartbeat. Go figure.

I hope you are doing better tonight. crabbie ... crabbie ... what is that strange sound ...