Tuesday, May 30, 2006
I feel GREAT! Motivated. Happy. Thriving! and raring to go!

We have undergone many changes around here.

I find myself suddenly living for ....guess who? ME! Just like in the old teenage days. I am responsible for the consequences only of my own choices. Wow! Now that's cool as hell!

It's very easy to get caught up in pleasing another person or persons. We've all done it. You have someone you love who is constantly making bad calls in life which have devestating consequences. you help them, try to nurture them back to a good and happy life and BLAMO...they take another bad turn and ya gotta start all over again. Or how about when you find a group of folks you like and you want to be accepted so you change yourself just a little to make that happen. There are zillions of ways to lose yourself in this world and every single one of us has stumbled over them.

Now let's say one day after long grueling years of pretense and fretting you all of a sudden have this.....oh....awakening. And suddenly you find yourself totally free. Just you. Your choices. Your consequences. Not caring who likes it and who doesn't. No longer fretting over anyones actions and reactions but your very own. Imagine how free that would feel. That's 100% where I am. And I am not going back.

I have spent an entire weekend not only awake for the first time and really being myself again, but taking an active roll in changing my surroundings to match the new free me. I have decided not to sell my house. Instead, I am making much needed changes. Huge changes. And Bob is giving me the freedom to really get in there and get her done which is wonderful!

We are kids again. Oh sure we still have to deal with lifes little crap piles but .... we don't have to take responsibility for them unless we did the crapping.

I plan to leave no crap piles for another human being to clean up so...I'm good to go. Although....I did pee on the sewer guy. Totally on accident you understand. We weren't supposed to flush toilets or use drains while he was working out there in the hole hooking up the new sewer lines. I forgot. I went. I flushed. Soon as I went out side Mike, looking kind of wet, smiling sideways, says to me, "Thanks. Thanks a lot."

"Why does everybody always assume it was me when something bad happens?" I asked innocently. Mike pointed. And there stood Bob looking pleased as pie with himself. The tattling rat.
 
posted by Crabby at 7:01 AM |


12 Comments:


At 5/30/2006 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Yep, that's a pretty cool feeling. Being a kid again - which is pretty much what hubby and I have been all along! LOL A plus for those of us who don't have kids.

I couldn't believe your post that said Jake is 30! Crabby - it's way past time that he is out on his own - making his own decisions - and being responsible for them. Please don't take offense to what I'm saying - but that's the only way he's going to learn and grow. Enjoy it being just the two of you again.

I'm so sorry about Miss Ellie's sister - sorry that all this has to hit her at once!

As you can see, I'm behind on the posts - we've been vacating a few days.

Take it easy on the sewer guys! LOL

tina

 

At 5/30/2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Crabby

It was Jake's idea to move. He said it would be better for him and better for us and he was right. He needed to do it.

Frankly I wouldn't have moved across country without a fair sized bank account because the cost of living out there is much higher but....WOO HOO! Not my bad. Not my business.

I hope he does really well there and it's everything he thought it would be.

Yeah, it's a bummer about Ellie's sis. Jeesh. Two siblings in 3 weeks. That's over the top.

LOL! The sewer guys need to take it easy on me. You have no idea the abuse I put up with from these guys. Yesterday they told Bob to put me on a high fiber diet. ahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!

 

At 5/30/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger barman

I hope Bob is experiencing this rebirth as well. A second or third or ... childhood will do you proud.

I wondered what we going on with you peeing on the workers. You had me worried for a moment there. Isn't it funny that the moment you can not do something is the momement you absolutely just have to do it. It is so hard to go 10 to 12 hours with no food or drink yet most of that time I am sleeping but same thing.

 

At 5/30/2006 1:14 PM, Blogger Crabby

Denny, I am absolutely giddy over here. Definitely a rebirth of sorts. Like starting brand new, only, with experience under my belt. sayyyy, maybe I'll change my name. Bob suggested that last night. LOL!

Barman, are you saying you have gone 12 hours without food or drink? Are you having a proceedure of some kind?

I need to go visit blogs. I'm very far behind. Bob and I have been cashing in on end of the month sales for home improvement stuff. So I'm in and out. We still have 3 more deals to make. (I'm very good at dealing when I want something. Get your minds out of the gutter. I mean charming.)

 

At 5/30/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

Yeah, like you charm Dog Man?

Or the fishbowl Margarita boy?

Or the car salesman?

Or Miss Eliie?

Or Bob?

:))

 

At 5/30/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

ahahahaha I just looked at your tracker and somebody got here by searching 'how to handle a crabby husband'.

And no, it wasn't me.

 

At 5/30/2006 1:51 PM, Blogger Crabby

Dear how to handle a Crabby Husband,
Ahhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha! Whoever you are, you came to the right place sister.

Milky, yeah, like that. LOL! Only maybe better cause they don't know me. Well, a couple of them do but not so well that they get nervous around me yet.

Although.... I could have sworn that John Deere guy knew me or knew something about my past because he kept telling me how the government doesn't like you to mow backwards because you could back over somebody or something.

If I were a suspicious person I would swear the cowpie field had a mole.

I might just add, those mail boxes were never proven to be my fault. Nor the tracks throught the grass or the tree branch....and not the constuction cones neither!

 

At 5/30/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger barman

Yep a procedure looking for polyps and other not nice things. They want your insides all squeeky clean. I don't have to put up with that for at least another 1 to 3 years. Thank goodness.

The procedure was a colonoscopy. Although not a particularly pleasant experience (although I do OK with it) it is so important. My Dad would most likely be dead today if he had not had one. They found cancer that they were able to treat.

 

At 5/30/2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Crabby

The first one I had which was over 15 years ago was a nightmare. But I had one last year and liked it.

yeah, I know how that sounds but I'm telling you they gave me some very good stuff. When they were wheeling me out of the room afterward the nurses at the station outside were laughing soooo hard. Apparently the the whole time they were drilling for oil I was singing, "Ohhhhh, I wanna dance with somebodeeee. I wanna feel the heat with somebodeeee."

I vaguely do remember humming. And I remember people laughing behind me and somebody might have snorted. That's all I know except I felt GREAT all day after too.

 

At 5/30/2006 5:18 PM, Blogger Manny

Good for you.

I am applauding with one hand.

Every good man deserves to get peed on by a good woman.
bravo.
ha ha

 

At 7/21/2006 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»