Sunday, September 30, 2007
We went to Amish country yesterday and I found a new friend for Lucy. But Bob wouldn't let me bring him home. Not to fret. I'm not giving up! I'm smitten! Your job is to help me think of good reasons why Bob should let me have this bull.

Smiling nicely for the camera, Crabby is blissfully unaware, until she lifts her foot and hears the swishy sucking sound, that she is standing in in a big fat mound of turkey poop.
Destiny has brought them together. Crabby will love him and hug him and take him home. And he shall be named, "Pitt licker".
Crabby enjoys Pitt licker's gentle kiss until she feels a gentle tugging on the side of her scalp and realizes ..... he is eating her hair.
Only having eyes for Pitt Licker, Crabby is unaware, that the jealous horse is about to bury his nose in the back of her head and sneeze.

Hey there, little buddy! Wanna come home with me for Thanksgiving?
Bob refused to let the turkey have his side of the garage till Thanksgiving. So now I'll have to buy a turkey. Unless ........ he COULD STAY IN THE BASEMENT! WOOT! Manny will have to catch him when it's time to..... you know.... cook.


Today is the last day for voting. If you'd like to cast a vote for the Cowpie Field just click on the button to your right and it will take you to the thumbs up place.
Wait....I meant left. It's left. I write with my right hand so, the button is left. You can't miss it. It's gray and orange. If you don't want to..... THAT WOULD JUST SUCK ...... I mean, I totally understand it's a lot of trouble ...... TO CLICK A FRIGGIN BUTTON ..... what I mean to say is.... it's ok, really. Winning doesn't matter. LIKE HELL IT DOESN'T! I'm a good and giving person and I don't blog for recognition or attention like that. YEAH, RIGHT.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Crabby at 7:47 AM |


17 Comments:


At 9/30/2007 10:54 AM, Blogger barman

Awwww, Pit licker! You know I think I might be with Bob again. Sorry, I will try not to make a habit of it but just think. What is pit licker were to like the skunk family as much as Lucy does. Can you imagine having to de-skunk pit licker? Not good at all. But pit licker is so cute, especially in that one picture that must be where pit got its name.

Don't do it. You know Manny would get the bird ready for the annual bonfire ... I mean turkey feat but you would never put down old Tom Turkey. I predict if you take Tom home, you guys will eat SPAM for Thanksgiving.

(off in the background you can quietly hear ... spam, spam, spam, spam, spamedy, spaaaaaaaaam!)

You know when it comes time to get on the blog I just go on autopilot and before I know it I have cast a vote for the Field, Sign, and Gab and occasionally take side trips to a few others great bloggers out there too (Morgey, Johnny 5, and others...). Oh and would you look at that, there is a featured Interview is from Tres Bizarre. I suspect that will be very funny.
Anyway, got you covered on the vote thingy.

Glad you had a nice Saturday. Got to enjoy the good weather while we can.

 

At 9/30/2007 11:50 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

Medium rare, with a little bit of 57.

 

At 9/30/2007 12:30 PM, Blogger Unknown

Hmmm. Crabby, I think you ought to take ‘em all home, including the horse. Think how much shit—I mean horse-tukey-cow-pies—you can stand on, er, in.

 

At 9/30/2007 12:34 PM, Blogger lime

that bob is such a spoilsport...sheesh!

 

At 9/30/2007 1:58 PM, Blogger GAB

Pit-licker cute name...But they dont stay small you know they get BIGGER & BIGGER!! And the cost to feed em....hoo-boy so Im thinking this time Bob is right leave him there! Sorry crabby!

 

At 9/30/2007 2:08 PM, Blogger Suze

You look like Dr Dolittle there. Crabby can talk to the animals. :)

 

At 9/30/2007 2:40 PM, Blogger Vi

SERIOUSLY... is that horse REALLY that big or is it trick photography?

I've given up pimping for my blog interview, can't compete with you but hey, I've found another great blog to stalk!

 

At 9/30/2007 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I think it's fairly obvious you are a "cow whisperer" and bob should recognize this skill in you, and understand you could make millions, but you would have to hone the skill by bringing PL home.

 

At 9/30/2007 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I clicked over from BlogInterviewer and am really enjoyin' yer blog! I see now why I got 32 votes and you beat me~LOL! I'll be back! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

 

At 9/30/2007 8:13 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!!

Awesome pics :)

 

At 9/30/2007 9:34 PM, Blogger Little Wing

You have my vote!
Anyone who could think up the name 'pit licker' for a little boy cow is someone I would be proud to vote for!
Great pictures!

 

At 10/01/2007 6:11 AM, Blogger Crabby

Barman, You always side with Bob. Just like Milky. Traitors, that's what you guys are.
You are right on the turkey though. Mr. Gobblepoo would never make it to the oven. He'd end up as another family member. Probably even make the Christmas list. (sigh)

Milky, GASP! Now you knock that off! Pitt Licker is NOT a steak. He's my friend. Friends don't eat friends!

Nick, if only. I would bring every one of them home including the goats (in spite of the fact they tried to drink my coffee and eat my shoe laces) but Bob is all stubborn about stuff like that.

Lime, I KNOW! And he won't change his mind either.

Gab! Not you too? Not you, Gabby.
(crabby hangs her head in dispair and walks away)

Suze, LOL! I was talking to them. That horse was a trip. He kept demanding equal time.

Vi Vi Vi Voom, YES! He IS that big. and I saw a horse dinker that day too, on another farm. Biggest thing I ever saw in my life.

Dooz! I knew I could count on you! I just knew it! If I bring Pitt Licker home do you want to be his God Mother?

Little Wing, thank you! I sure am glad to have you around.

 

At 10/01/2007 6:13 AM, Blogger Crabby

Sandi, Welcome to the field. I hope you do come back! I paid you a visit too.

Cazzie, thanks! I take that camera everywhere now. LOL!

 

At 10/01/2007 10:27 AM, Blogger cadbury_vw

so...

cattle usually lick people when the person is salty.

you wouldn't happen to use a Rock Salt Thai Crystal Deodorant Stone would you?

 

At 10/01/2007 11:05 AM, Blogger Crabby

Why, Cadbury .... how ever did you know?

 

At 10/01/2007 2:44 PM, Blogger SIMON

Love the name and the pics are excellent Crabby!
Good one!

 

At 10/02/2007 10:37 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` So, if that's a male calf, he would grow into a pit bull?
` Okay, shutting up.....