Thursday, September 13, 2007
"CRABBY SAYS, "WE DON'T NEED IT."
Know why this guy is holding his head? Cause it's pounding like a bustard. He's just looked at the clock hangin' up there on the sky and noticed, he's late for the surprise party his wife is throwing for her mother. Poor sap. He might as well be a eunuch for the next couple of days. And all because he is not "on time".
What I want to know is, who says there has to be a "time"? The way I remember it, Adam and Eve left paradise wearing a couple of fig leaves. I personally don't remember God giving them a watch as a parting gift.

Yet here we are, rushing around, slaves to time. We not only add up the years since our births but when we croak, those numbers for born and died are prominent on the chunk of rock that marks our "time" here.

Everywhere you look people are rushing like they just caught their butt hair aflame and can't find a water source. Our lives are run by a gadget that was never supposed to be here in the first place. If it was a good idea, God woulda hung a big cock up in the sky where everybody could see it. Well ...... HE DIDN'T! There's light to play in and dark to sleep in and that's that.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Crabby at 2:00 PM |


14 Comments:


At 9/13/2007 3:08 PM, Blogger Zen Wizard

Did you maybe mean, "God would have put a clock in the sky"?

Can you have a Freudian slip on a keyboard?

Perhaps one of your--ahem--household appliances (the ones that vibrate) has an automatic shut-off timer, and that is why you are so mad at Father Time?

I must admit, I feel a certain "Time is slipping away"-feeling, at times. Like when they come out with shows with titles like, "Scott Baio is Forty-Five and Single."

Or when "Who's the Boss?" is listed under "classic television."

And there is that "Kroger Senior Citizen's Day"--taunting me. Saying, "In just five years....in just five years..."

 

At 9/13/2007 3:26 PM, Blogger SignGurl

"Cock in the sky" LMAO!!!!!! Are your batteries fresh?

 

At 9/13/2007 4:02 PM, Blogger Crabby

zen, me too on the time slipping away. I got a thing in the mail last week that started out .... but what if I'm still alive tomorrow? WTF is that? I wasn't plannin' on goin' anywhere. bustards!

Sign, ok. Now I see what Zen was talking about up there. I thought his mind was wondering again. LOL! Dang! I always do that on that word. Ah well. You know in truth, it's better to have a big cock than a big clock. taa dump bump.

 

At 9/13/2007 5:11 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

Trey used to say that the SUN WAS AWAKE, time to get up.

 

At 9/13/2007 5:12 PM, Blogger Unknown

Hey, Crabby, ain’t everyone a slave to time. We do have free will, ya know.

Robert Fulghum, author of all those great books like “It Was On Fire When I Lay Down On It,” wrote of a culture that had no concept of anything being completed. Therefore, if someone asked the time of an event in the future, the normal reply would be “Not yet.”

Also, some of the Native American cultures simply divided time between morning, afternoon, and evening. If they made an appointment to meet General Custer “in the morning” that meant they would arrived anywhere from sunup to noon. That’s probably what got ole George all riled up so he made that ill advised attack at the Little Bighorn and paid the extreme penalty for his European heritage and mindset.

 

At 9/13/2007 7:34 PM, Blogger G-Man

Yeah,
You always hear this philosphical rant when someone forgets something!
Sorry Crabby...
Hey, did you try that delicious Maple Pecan Danish at Tim Horton's yet?..Yummy!!.xox

 

At 9/14/2007 7:06 AM, Blogger Crabby

Milky, to me that makes better sense than setting a number on a clock. Gotta love kids. They get life better than adults.

Nick, where do you learn all this stuff? That is so cool!

G, you brat! plebbbbbt. I did not forget another birthday. And anyway, you can't prove it.

Maple pecan danish. I don't know about the maple part. Does is come in chocolate? Or is the maple really that good?

 

At 9/14/2007 7:08 AM, Blogger Crabby

I got a new toy to use here at the field. WOOT!

 

At 9/14/2007 8:32 AM, Blogger barman

A industrial strength cow pooper scooper?

 

At 9/14/2007 8:36 AM, Blogger Shanshu

I so don't have time to read this post.

I'm late.

 

At 9/14/2007 9:30 AM, Blogger lime

ok, like signgurl i am hung up on that typo because it made me crack up. what an image!!

God woulda hung a big cock up in the sky where everybody could see it.

 

At 9/16/2007 1:27 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` And if he had... oh boy! I think I would go blind from staring at it!

 

At 9/16/2007 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm glad it wasn't a big cock in the sky because, ya know, I'd never get any work done 'cause I'd be too busy lookin' at it.

 

At 9/18/2007 2:34 PM, Blogger cadbury_vw

so is that the reason that we build these massive multi-story urban erections?

because God forgot the cock in the sky?