Monday, January 02, 2006
I can't tell you how I am suffering for the sake of fine art. Ay yi yi! I need medication or chocolate. Yesterday I got the thingy I needed to hook up the pc so I could use my old cut and paste program, a.k.a. "Old faithful". But when I turned the computer on nothing happened. Blank screen. No sound. Nadda. I smacked it a few times like I always do to get it running and while I was doin' that I noticed it wasn't plugged in. K, I plugged it in. Turned it on. Nuthin'. nada. nyit. I was on my way to get the big guy for assistance when all of a sudden I heard this crackling sound behind me. I turned around and sparks were flyin outa the puter all over the place. Ooooookay then. Then I distinctly smelled burning plastic. So I unplugged it and went to ask the big guy if this was, you know, a bad thing. He calmly looked at me and said, "I can't believe you asked me that." Then got louder (several octives) and said, "YES, IT'S A BAD THING! YOU WEREN'T BEATING ON IT AGAIN, WERE YOU?"

"No. Huh ugh."

"Did you drop it again?"

"mm. nnnn...no. No don't remember dropping it lately. No. Pretty sure."

So now I have to learn to use this other program for the mac. And it's harder than hell. You have to read stuff. My eyes are spinning around from reading so much stuff. It uses layers WHICH I CAN'T UNLOCK! THE LITTLE BASTARDS!

No. It's ok. Really. I'm fine. I'll just go back and try again. How hard can it be? Right?

SHIT! shit shit shit shit SHIT!
 
posted by Crabby at 3:56 PM |


8 Comments:


At 1/02/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

Poor Bob.

 

At 1/02/2006 4:39 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

...and .... keep reading, cuz we are waiting.

 

At 1/02/2006 5:18 PM, Blogger Crabby

I just turned my whole head into a bunch of squares!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY FACE?

UGH!

I hate this thing. It's impossible. I'm gonna be bald-headed before I ever learn what the f@#* I'm doin!

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!

 

At 1/03/2006 5:07 AM, Blogger jungle jane

It was New Years Even Crabcake. surely computers are entitled to celebrate with a few fireworks too??

 

At 1/03/2006 7:47 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

well......ANYTHING YET??????

 

At 1/03/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Crabby

Jane, I didn't kill it. I swear! Well, I'm pretty sure I didn't. Usually when I ruff it up a little it gets it's wires straight and starts working but not this time. Damnable thing. You should see this piece of crap. It looks like it's right out of one of those Japanese movies. It's got all these red lights on it and looks like something right out of a bordello. (I admit, I liked that part)

I'll post a pic of it when I get back.

ANYTHING YET???? Are you kidding me? ahhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Yeah, the bird learned a brand new word. And I got yelled at because my swearing was interfering the guys movie watching. They were watching more of that mob stuff and the mob guys would be sneakin' up on someone to do a hit and a female voice (me) was in the background yellin', "FUCK, AH, FUCK ME! DAMN DAMN DAMN." So next thing I know the movie is paused and the big guy is standing behind me saying, "If you can't play nice, I'm gonna take the cord to your computer and hide it."

Not to fret. I'm gonna get right back on it today. I WILL figure this out. It's HARD! You have to read stuff. over and over and over. UGH!

 

At 1/03/2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Tumbleweed

I can walk you through it! e-mail me at meganzjunk@hotmail.com with your questions and I will give you my yahoo IM name, if you yahoo! If you don't we will figure something else out!

 

At 1/03/2006 5:16 PM, Blogger Crabby

By George I think I'm gettin the hang of it Tumble! But thanks for the offer and I will put your addy in my book.