Wednesday, March 15, 2006
So you have been stricken by that old gypsy curse, "The Dreaded Black Thumb"?

Not to fret, not fear. I can help. I am not only a lovely person inside and out as my photos below prove beyond a doubt. But I am also a gardener extrodinare! As proven by these lovely photos.

Can I help you? You bet I can.

In this first pic you will notice what at first appears to be an extremely dead flower hanging from a lopsided and extremely dead stem. Pay that no heed.

Let's move on. Oh wait. In this next photo you might think you see cobwebby dead limbs on what used to be a healthy ficus. Again, pay no attention.

Where were we?

Ah yes! Removeal of the Gypsy curse.

So everything I say. Just as I say it.

Now, put one bay leaf under your tongue. Next, immerse your head in a sink full of cold, not icy, water. Only the top of your head. Leave your nose and mouth free. Now repeat after me.

Foul Gypsy curse I see.
Leave this thumb of mine and flee.
Releaf these boughs and set them free.
Or I shall kick your arse.

K, dry your head and run in and see your brand new healthy plants!


Note from Crabby's secretary:

Ms. Crabcake has gone on holiday to a deserted island with no phone or internet service. Should you feel the need to vent please take it out on Milkmaid, who is her second in command.

Thank you,
Crabcakes underpaid and overendowed, secretary.
 
posted by Crabby at 9:01 AM |


9 Comments:


At 3/15/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Spinning Girl

I am sorry to hear of these deaths.
I kill everything I care for.
When you have time, please read my tale of
Miss Shelly. It is one examploe of my special gift.

 

At 3/15/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Spinning Girl

"examploe" is how we say it in Estonian.

 

At 3/15/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger Crabby

Cappy, I have a feeling I don't wanna leave the island. Especially after Denny tries this. Just a gut thing. But I'll send up the red flare when I think it's safe if you'll come get me.

Spinng girl, I will check it out. Thanks! Examploe....wow, that's so flippin exotic!

PS. I keep turnin my head upside down when I talk to you. LOL!

 

At 3/15/2006 4:37 PM, Blogger SignGurl

Have you tried a little thing called water?

 

At 3/15/2006 6:26 PM, Blogger Crabby

Sign gurl? Water? What ever for?

Denny, yes, I have often been told I am cheap. Especially when I wear my leopard hat and fuzzy coat. Just mail me your plants. I fix them right up. No worries!

 

At 3/16/2006 7:37 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

are you cheap? ahahahahahahahahaaaa!

Stop hitting me.

 

At 3/19/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger barman

See I have the perfect soloution. Take your plant to a hospital. I have a good size (about 6 or 7 foot by 4 foot window with a southern exposure. I get a lot of sun in my loving room and the plants love it. As a matter of fact I so got tired of it and replaced them with fake wax ones. They look good and I do not need to fuss with them.

In the past the plants I had did nto even need to be watered and they would be growing half way across the room in a month, I swear. So I do not have a green thumb, my room does.

 

At 3/19/2006 8:15 PM, Blogger Polyman2

I see dead things.