Sunday, August 13, 2006
UGH! and ARRRR!
We are in the midst of a gala full weekend celebration here. It's a big event and I planned to be wide awake for the whole thing. But I today, though I continue to celebrate, happily, I am operating on oh....maybe 2 hours of sleep.

Why? Because of these blasted foxes. For some reason they've decided to spend their late night evenings in my back yard. Fine by me. Not so fine by Lucy, who has become a raving loon over it.

All night long ..... WOOOF WOOOF WOOF WOOOF! Then she's quiet. I fall into a deep sleep. WOOOF WOOOF WOOF WOOOOF WOOOF!

At one point I stumbled out of bed, threw my robe on and took her outside thinking, maybe she just needs to eliminate. Half way across the yard a nice little breeze blows and my robe flies open so I'm naked to the world. Apparently I'd lost the tie thingy betweent the bedroom and the yard. So I'm out there trying to pull my robe shut with the dogs leash in one hand when BOOM! Lucy takes off. Or tries to. I had the leash wrapped around my wrist so basically what happened was I fell flat on my face in the grass next to pile of dog crap, while my idiot dog continued to pull at the lead.

I tell you, I wanted to kill her. Really. So I look up ready to yell at her and I see the foxes. They're just standing over there on the deck across the way comfy as you please staring back at Lucy. Nice and calm while Lucy is loosing what little mind she has.


This is the second time those foxes have vexed me. Tonight, I plan to out-fox them. Assuming I can stay awake.

That's right, I'm gonna catch a couple of foxes. I'm building a trap when we get back from the rest of our gala celebration weekend. Then we'll just drive them out to farm country and let the Amish folks deal with them. I have it all figured out.
 
posted by Crabby at 2:24 PM |


11 Comments:


At 8/13/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Suze

We have problems with foxes during breeding season. The males howl for mates in the early hours.

Ordinarily I don't mind having a randy male around but these guys take it too far.

I hope you enjoy despite feeling knackered. Maybe you could play your music loud during the day and keep them awake. LOL

 

At 8/13/2006 5:43 PM, Blogger Manny

ahhhhh aha ha ha I am howling for a mate even as we speak. LMAO How long do you suppose I'll have to howl before I can get some release? I pity the next poor man I get my hands on. I will probably break em. LOL

Ladd went after tiny baby racoons once. Does that count.

I know, we can dress like annie oakley and shoot em once the moon comes up.

Yes! We are a couple of celebrating partying fools right now.

Happy Birthday Bob.

 

At 8/13/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl

The image of you falling flat on your naked face near a pile of dog crap...priceless!

Fashioning some sort of fox-catching device...I'm sure will be just as hysterical. Ya gotta take a pic of your creation before you throw it into action. PLEASE. I'm begging you. I'll send you your choice of jam...many flavors to choose from..if you post the pic!

Good luck, sleepless woman!

 

At 8/14/2006 3:51 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

Happy Hat and Presents to Bob!

Red Head vs Red Fox....I'm not sure about this.

 

At 8/14/2006 8:01 AM, Blogger SignGurl

I wish you were my neighbor so I could see all of this going on. Ahahahahah!

 

At 8/14/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Roxi

I could fox you some foxy shit!

 

At 8/14/2006 11:24 AM, Blogger barman

Oh man, should your neighbors move out let me know. I think I would be so entertained by the goings on that I would never need to go out ever again. Heck, I could get rid of the TV too.

I hope Bob had a great time on his birthday.

I hope you out foxed your fox you foxy lady. :)

 

At 8/14/2006 11:41 AM, Blogger Crabby

Something ate the bait in my fox trap, then it chewed up the trap!

Oooooo, this just really ticks me off. Now I have to start all over again.

I swear by every Dairy Queen in the world I will get these foxes!

Although, last night was strangely quiet.

I think all you guys should move in next to me. We'd have so much fun! We have neighborhood Irish Pubs within walking distance. Three nice in and outdoor restaurants. Starbucks, boutiques, and coming soon, French pastries. Ooooo la la!

But when you look outside from my house, it's nothing but woods and critters.

Besides, I could use some pals to help me set up my neighbor. I'm dying to prank her. The raccoons have been trying to eat her aging dog so she bought a be be gun. LOL!

I wanna get make like a 6 foot racoon and stick out there in her back yard when she's gone out to dinner. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! It would freak her right out.

PS. Buddah, I'll get you a pic soon as I make a new trap. I'm thinking cardboard boxes wasnt'a good idea now. LOL!

 

At 8/14/2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Crabby

OH MY WORD! I've got it! I'll dig a lion pit. And just bait the opposite side with Bob's ground chuck.

 

At 8/14/2006 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

You are too funny!

 

At 8/15/2006 12:01 AM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` Yes!! Teach those critters a lesson for being... foxes. And horny.
` Have you ever thought of having Smilin' George guard the house? Hee hee!