Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Ok, since Crab is up to her neck in tile and Little Kids coming, how about a redneck drunk story? Most of this is true. Wait, no, all of it is sadly true.

We stopped at our local bar hangout a few weeks ago after a night out in 'town', which is in Houston, not podunk Cut and Shoot. The bar is a hole in the wall little dark joint, but it's close to home and we've actually made a few good friends in there.

So we are standing in the middle of the bar, between the actual bar itself and the area where the pool tables are. It was kinda late, bout 1 or so, enough time for the rednecks to be rocking.

And they were.

There was a group of younger kids in the pool area, two gals with SHORT shorts on, flip flops and big wide rhinestone belts on. The boys all had their pressed Wranglers and funky straw hats on.

At the bar was a younger couple as well, they'd been talking to one of the big bouncers that's actually a friend of ours. Mike. BIG cowboy, really nice tho.

All of a sudden, we hear "FIGHT" coming from the back of the pool area. We look back and Tim (the other bouncer) had one of the young boys pinned to the wall by his neck. Mike comes running out, tosses his big straw cowboy hat on the pool table and grabs the other side of this kid, cuz he's not going down without a fight. They hog wrestle him out the door.

In the mean time, we hear more yelling (of the girl type) coming from the pool area. We look back and the two gals have Mike's cowboy hat on the floor between the pool tables, their flip flops OFF and stamping all over this hat with their barefeet. Screaming like wounded pigs. In comes the other gal from the bar, trying to rescue Mike's hat. Hairpulling and foot stomping galore.

I was laughing my ass off at this picture. I would have paid good money for a video camera. It was JERRY SPRINGER TO THE MAX, I swear.

Anyway, right shortly after, the boyfriends grabbed the Rhinestone Redneck gals by the shorts (I'm not making this up), gave them wedgies beyond their back tattoos as they carried them out the door. The other gal's boyfriend had her by the cheeks of her face, yelling Private Ryan style to her, as he walked her backwards out the door.

I had tears running down my face from laughing. Maybe I was just drunk, but it WAS funny.

Turns out, it wasn't Mike's hat after all (hey, isn't there a song about that?) It was one of the boyfriends hats they were doing the barefoot hillbilly stomp on.

All in fun, on a Saturday night in Cut and Shoot. Don't ya wished you lived closer to me? We go to all the high class joints!
 
posted by MilkMaid at 9:00 AM |


26 Comments:


At 8/08/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger Crabby

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA!

Why oh why, don't you ever carry your camera with you? How many times have I told you, always be prepared for a good old fashioned red-neck brawl?

Hate to rub it in but, you coulda been the winner of the $10,000 prize on America's funniest home videos.

And yep, I do wish I lived closer to you.

 

At 8/08/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger SignGurl

I sooo want to go out with you. We could sure have some fun. I'll grab Crabby on the way down.

 

At 8/08/2006 10:19 AM, Blogger Crabby

Oh most definitely. You know us mid-westerners are fantastic hat stompers.

I should warn you all though, last time I line danced I almost knocked a gal down. Apparently we were supposed to be going right still and not left. Plus, my feet get tangled pretty easy. Otherwise, it's all good.

 

At 8/08/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Crabby

PS. Everybody go to barman's place and offer up a little love for the Roxster. It's her birthday today. WOOT!

 

At 8/08/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

Are there jello shots?

 

At 8/08/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

And yes Sign, we'd SO have a blast and a half. :-0

 

At 8/08/2006 10:47 AM, Blogger Crabby

Sign and Barman are the masters of making jello shots. they get real creative.

 

At 8/08/2006 11:44 AM, Blogger barman

Oh this story is just to good. If you need someone to hold onto the seats or even just look intimidating, I'm your man. That would be just to much fun.

I few weeks back I was at a golf scramble. The two worst teams and a few others went out to the bar. A near by biker bar that is.

The place was dark and it was the middle of the day. It sure was quiet. I would have thought there would be more going on even though it was not Saturday evening yet but...

Well we have been known to have a good time. There have been several times when I dared to bring in a camera and I was asked to delete several "interesting" pictures. Anyway we started up the old juke box and proceeded to get a little loud. At one point the juke box stopped. Upon checking it out we plugged it back in. Hummm!!

Anyway we then got a little loud but not real obnocous. At one point we were re-enacting the garter belt thing you often see at weddings.

Well that did it. We did not get kicked out but we started to get all kind of attention by the bar people.

I can't believe it. We almost got kicked out of a biker bar for being to roudy. Go figure.

It sounds like I best get some jello shots going. Sign, how about you make some green ones.

 

At 8/08/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger phsymom

First time here and that was one funny/familiar tale. If anybody doubts any bits of this story ... I'll vouch .. this happens all the time roun here.

Oh did I forget to mention that I live just East of Cut'N'Shoot ... right down that ole 105?

 

At 8/08/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

PHYSMOM, you are my neighbor, big time LOL! Welcome, hang out, I don't usually post many entries here, but am the leader of Crabby's fan club.

Barman, I like whipped cream on my shots now, ok? LOL, sounds like you'd fit right in with the peeps we run around with.

 

At 8/08/2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl

I was going to ask the OBVIOUS question, but you beat me to it, Crabs! Sheesh! CAMERA. All times. Always. Now repeat the mantra!

I can't leave the house without mine. CANNOT.

Thanks for the hysterical play-by-play. I was cracking up while envisioning the scene!

 

At 8/08/2006 2:40 PM, Blogger Crabby

Buddahgirl, you know she just does that so there's never a chance that we can catch her in a compromising postition. Remember the pole dancing thing?

 

At 8/08/2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Zen Wizard

Every crime in the world begins in a Texas bar.

That's why Walker, Texas Ranger astutely begins every criminal investigation there.

I bet they planned the Lindbergh baby kidnapping in a Texas bar.

 

At 8/08/2006 3:33 PM, Blogger Tumbleweed

LOL, that's great....sounds like pure fun!

 

At 8/08/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger SignGurl

I made the green jello shots with whipped cream on top as requested. The only problem is that I ate them all *burrrrrp*

 

At 8/08/2006 4:01 PM, Blogger barman

Oh Sign, I thought I was going to be part of quality control. *pout*

Now I have never heard of whip cream on top but I am game. Better get those shots going...

 

At 8/08/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Suze

Crabby, I wish I lived near you. We would have some wild times.

So, do you think the girls live out in the yard. LOL

 

At 8/08/2006 5:34 PM, Blogger Crabby

Suze, that was Milky that posted this. She's in Texas but shoot, it's just a hop and a skip away.

Now Barman and Sign are both close to me so we figured we'd make the shots and scoot over to milky's part of the woods. You can always fly over and we'll pick you up at the airport.

However, somebody will need to be the designated bail person. It's always hard to find one of those. Generally we have to draw straws for it. LOL!

 

At 8/08/2006 6:34 PM, Blogger Manny

Most definitely a daytime tv moment!

This one time at band camp...years and years ago.....a few co-workers and I went out after work. There were a bunch of muscle heads wearing matching t-shirts. My co-workers said "this must be a nice place because they are wearing matching outfits" LMAO I said "Those are the bouncers" Later in the evening they found out exactly what I was talking about.

 

At 8/08/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Manny

Big bunch of dumb ass's!!!!!

 

At 8/08/2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` Such a heartwarming tale of redneck violence!

 

At 8/09/2006 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Oh you just knew I'd identify with this.

You know what ? I'm gonna send you somethin' It'll have to wait until I get back from camp but at least I though of it on your birthday.

Actually it's somethin' that we got on our birthday's (me & Sweetie,I have two of them so you can have one )

Our favorite bar (when Sweetie was funner ) use to have a once a month party (last day of the month cause that's when the Welfare cheques come in dontchaknow ? ) for it's patrons that could prove their birthday was in that month. The bar would supply a buffet dinner, one free shot, and cool T'shirt. I'm not gonna tell ya what the T'shirt says but you'll like it.

It's a white T-shirt so Sweetie never wore his, so........yes it's a re-gift of sorts but it's a still new re-gift.

I'll let ya know when I've sentit so you can watch out!

 

At 8/09/2006 10:57 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

Yipee Helen..can't wait! THanks xxoo

 

At 8/09/2006 10:57 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

At 8/09/2006 10:23 PM, Blogger Pat & Reg

LOL Yeeeeehaw!