Thursday, November 09, 2006
Sentencing is today for the molestation of our grandchildren.

Bob was asked to read his daughters statement. I am concerned that statement will not have the effect she's hoping for and so is Bob. I may have to make my own plea to the court. I get wayyyy too emotional. I am not a good public speaker and I know absolutely nothing about courtroom junk. But I do know how much courage it took for that little girl to come forward and tell about the years of abuse she suffered to protect her baby sister.

The chance that this man could walk away now because of extenuating circumstances..... it just can't happen, you know? This child lived with this....alone. She came forward embarrassed, ashamed, and afraid.....alone ..... to "protect" her sister. It's time now for adults to stand with her and for her. To "protect" her, releive her burden, and let her be a child again.
 
posted by Crabby at 7:50 AM |


9 Comments:


At 11/09/2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown

I hope they throw him in jail and cut off his 'you know what' with a blunt instrument!!
Good luck to the little girl and to you too :)

 

At 11/09/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger CozyMama

omg! I hope the man that did that to her fries in hell. good luck today. I am sure justice will be served and your little grandaughter can start to heal.

 

At 11/09/2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Suze

Crabby, this is awful! My thoughts are with you all espcially the poor little victims of this horrible crime.

You are good people, things will work out. Sending you all hugs.

 

At 11/09/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger jillie

I am so sorry to hear that little girl had to endure that. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT TO INNOCENT LITTLE CHILDREN?? Castrate that guy and let him burn his own nuts!

 

At 11/09/2006 10:53 AM, Blogger barman

Oh man that is to sad. I hate to say it but I sure hope Bob does not read the statement. It would have more impact if it was not a guy reading it. As sad as that is I think you need everything you can get on your side.

She is so brave. I hope things go well for her now and can only hope that someday she will know peace.

I am glad you two are there for her now.

 

At 11/09/2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

` OMG!!! That's horrible that they were being abused!! That's just awful!
` On the other hand, it's great that your granddaughter realized that she needed to tell someone - some kids don't realize they are being abused because they think that's the way life is for everyone!
` ...I didn't know any better until I was seventeen, for chrissake! How she figured it out, I don't know, but that's a great thing to understand, at least. Only when you realize there's a problem can you get rid of it, and only when you get rid of it can you recover.

` And if you're not satisfied with the sentencing, I'll have Bruce and Lou deal with him.

 

At 11/09/2006 3:12 PM, Blogger SignGurl

You know how I feel about this. I have tears rolling down my face for you and your family.

::hard hugs::

 

At 11/09/2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Crabby

Guys please go to the above post for the update on today.

My feelings right now are not so good. So please forgive me and I promise I'll be back soon as my brain has time to sort things out just a little.

 

At 11/12/2006 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

omigod. i'm speechless.

my heart goes out to you and those young girls.