Thursday, November 09, 2006
First I thank you all so much for your statements below. This has been an emotional day.
Today I saw and heard evil, and watched good people suffer as this statement was read. My own husband was reduced to sobbing next to me. I even found myself later hugging his first wife and wishing I could make her pain go away. Much has happened. And I am not ok with this. And not able to do much more now than tell you what has happened.

*The Victims Statement.*

First of all we would like to say How Dare They! How dare they come into this courtroom before your bench and try to turn this case around to be about them. How dare they have the audacity to come into this courtroom on November 26th and assume that nothing in this case mattered except them and they would walk away with no accountability, being so brash in this assumption as to not even plan for a ride home if the assailant went to jail. How dare they!

This case in not about the finances of Donna and Wayne F. This case is not about their health. This case is about the felonious sexual assault of two minor children by the defendant Wayne F.

Wayne F. came into our home and found a private time to assault our 4 year old daughter V. He got her onto his lap, took his adult male hand with adult strength and size, put in inside the pants of his victim and inside the panties. He rubbed his hands hard inside her labia so it hurt badly and burned. He then took his adult male fingers and foreced them inside the vagina of our 4 year old little girl. When she tried to get away he wouldn't let her go until he was gratified. Finally when he was gratified he let her go and sent her away broken, injured, crying, confused and above all frightened. He continued this torture over and over again for 6 years. Åfter he had continued these assaults for 6 years he was diagnosed with cancer the very same cancer he says now makes him too frail to go to jail, well cancer, surgery, chemo and radiation did not make him too weak to seek out another victim. Again he came into our home and went after H his second victim in our home. He committed th same sexual assault with H again with no regard for the broken spirit he left behind. V walked in on the assault of H and finally came forward to protect her sister. We should all have so much courage.

If the pure heinous nature of the assault is not enough then let us look at the other aspects involved. He commited these acts of assault inside the homes of these girls, in their safe haven, their harbor from pain and danger. On top of destroying their sense of security in their own home, he was someone from their circle of trust, someone who is counted on to put their safety and their well being above all. To protect them from harm. Instead he committed the worst possible act of violence towards our children. After all of this he was cold, callous and calculated enough to sit at our table and share a meal with our family with no remorse. Cold enough to hug us and hug our children with no sign of anything being wrong.

Our daughter V was an outgoing energetic child before this happened. She loved to play, loved people, to hug and cuddle, all normal for a 4 year old child. Looking back now from the time the abuse started we knew she was changing and we didn't know why. She became withdrawn, shy, scared of people. She eventually became angry and rebellious for her aage. We could never figure out why. When her asailant was out of her life for a year undergoing cancer treatment she started to trust us with the truth, which was wonderful. She still is not the bubbly outgoing child she was before the assaults began, he has probably crushed tht part of her forever. V continues to be very quiet and a bit withdrawn but she is strong, strong enough to tell the truth.

H is so different from V. She is a soft, gentle loving soul. She has a giving heart and a delicate spirit. Her grandfather Wayne F took advantage of these beautiful parts of her and twisted them to serve his gross sexual desires. Had V not walked in and witnessed her sister being violated just as she had been, the abuse could have gone on for an indefinite length of time. Thanks to the courage of V the abuse was stopped in a matter of months.

There is no question if he committed these acts. There is no question of guilt here today. The only question before this court today is if justice is going to be done for these girls. We were forced to accept the lesser charge of Gross Sexual Imposition instead of rape to protect our girls from being dragged into the horrors of reliving all their pain in a court trial. We were then forced again by their assailant to plea bagain to a lesser charge or he was going to victimize them again by forcing them to testify in a jury trial. After 22 agonizing months we beg for justice to finally be served.

You are the elected voice of this community. You are the only voice for these young girls! There are two things that can happen here today and the outcome is in your control.

This court can choose the lesser sentence and make the clear statement that it is acceptable in our society to sexually assault our young children.

Or

This court can speak out with the voice of this predators victims and say this is not acceptable. We will protect our children and we will seek justice when they are harmed. We feel that the longevity of the assault, the amoral disregard for his victims, the ongoing repeating of his crime with dozens and dozens of assaults and multiple victims call for nothing less than the maximum sentence allowed by the law.

We kindly thank you for your time and attention and beg you to be the voice of our girls.


*Comments made by the assailant.*

Yes. It happened. I wish I could take it back. But the children were not afraid of me. It was not rape. It was touching. (touching? Is that what they call it these days?)

In the background, his wife (who had the misfortune of sitting near me) was telling the woman next to her that her son was too gutless to show up. (he had sent a letter to the court supporting his children and explaining that he could not bring himself to be there. Understandable for such a betrayal, IMO.) She also made the comment that the children were not well disaplined. And how would she support herself if he were to go to jail.

*The verdict.*

Two weeks ago, the judge leaned heavily toward probation. Today when 30 people showed up in court on behalf of two young children who could not speak for themselves, he was forced to take stronger measures. But NOT, IMO, strong enough.

At first the judge gave a 6 month prison sentence to be followed by 10 years of some kind of "watching" by the courts. And of course the man will now be classified as a sexual predator.

Both attorneys quickly requested to approach the bench immediately after sentencing. You see, the minimum prison time for sexual offenders is 1 year. And so it became one year.

Why? Because the man is 65 years old and has had part of his colon removed because he had cancer. More importantly the judge was impressed with the findings of the court appointed therapist who reported, that after five weeks time, she feels certain, the liklihood of a reoffense is slim.
 
posted by Crabby at 2:01 PM |


11 Comments:


At 11/09/2006 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

The courts don't want to jail the infirm or disabled. It's too difficult.

Like my cousin the parapalegic, who deals drugs and is an accomplice to armed robbery. That wheelchair is his get out of jail free card.

I do not understand this justice system at times. Your older granddaughter is a hero. Love her and continue to get both girls the help that they need.

And, I for one, draw comfort in knowing that Wayne is rotting from the inside out, starting at his asshole and working itself in.

You know what would be a fitting punishment since prison time doesn't seem to be adequate? Stop his chemo and his pain meds and kill him as slowly and painfully as he tried to kill the girls with his actions.

Not very Christian of me, but this strikes a nerve.

You are all to be commended to siding with the children on this. As much as it seems like what you are doing is what ANYONE would do, that is not the case. Families hide incest to protect the elders at the expense of the children, every day, in all parts of the world.

I am so sorry for all of this. You do your family a service by posting it so publically.

 

At 11/09/2006 6:06 PM, Blogger Manny

It's a sad day for our justice system. A sad day indeed.

We should know the judge's name, just in case they decide to run for office someday. You may just want to do this via private e mail until you find out if there could be any possible legal ramifications.

Try hard to look up and know where true justice really come's from, because you will not find it down here.

 

At 11/09/2006 11:48 PM, Blogger barman

I am not normally like this but I say send him to prison. Put him into the general population. He will probably not survive a week. Even prisoners do not tolerate child molesters.

About your new picture ...

 

At 11/10/2006 9:47 AM, Blogger Manny

Barman I love the new look. *Sizzle* Um, May I have your body next?

 

At 11/10/2006 2:34 PM, Blogger Crabby

Deb, you know what's so wrong with this? The fact that the very innocence which allows children to believe in all things magical and wonderous, makes them easy prey. At what point do we as adults, as protectors, stop and say...no more! Age should not be an issue. Sex offenders NEVER, NEVER, get better. And this man works in a school!

I posted this because if someone out there somewhere knows or suspects a child is being abused maybe...just maybe, they will step up and do something about it.

PS. I am particularly fond of your notion regarding Wayne rotting from the asshole out. LOL! I also hope that during his year in prison he will be "touched" often by bigger, meaner men. See how he likes it.

Manny, I do take heart in true justice though I have a feeling the big guy may not be too tickled with me lately. I had a clear and eager need yesterday to do serious harm not only to him but to his idiot wife too. I have not been a good person these past couple of days.

Barman, rumor has it, he will be placed in a special prison for older folks. As if they couldn't anger me further. LOL! I won't even share my current thoughts with you all because they are so brutal and angry.

um...yeah..about that pic...it's really good, huh? My body and your head. I mean...Wow! It's a look. Definitely.

Tina, V has been very brave. And I did not tell all the story because it would have gone on even longer. LOL! But I will tell you, that child had a great deal of stress heaped upon her and she endured it for a very long time.

Manny, hey now! That's my body. The head is Barman's.

 

At 11/10/2006 2:56 PM, Blogger MilkMaid

I like being late and posting after Deb, cuz then all I have to say is...WHAT SHE SAID.

I'm so sorry my dear friend and I know these children will be ok in life, with you in it.

 

At 11/10/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Manny

This is what I think should happen to ALL child molesters.

Men should have a good old fashion potato peeler used on them.

Women, a hot curling iron.



Now why on earth would you want to pass my body off as your's?

 

At 11/10/2006 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm sure you will make sure V. gets whatever help she needs, and it's not swept under the rug. Like Seequin said, so many are, and "were" to save the sexual preditor the shame and ridicule they so rightly deserve, and not embarrasse the family. I know that last note is the hardest part to believe. But, my best friends husband said when he was growing up, he hated the idea of being known as the "kid" whose Father sexually abused his two sisters. Unfortunately a very sick story, with a not so happy ending.

And the other thing - a lady I work with, her husband is a prison guard. He really has a great job - as the resident sharp shooter, at the sex offendor unit in Dayton, TX. I didn't know we HAD a PRISON, specifically for sex offendors. So that bubble of these maggets getting hit up by some big bubba, was busted when she told me that.

I'm sorry this is not a happy post to you, but I just had to tell this.

Just please take care of them both, and give them the love and attention they are gonna need!!

 

At 11/13/2006 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

` Yes! Lock him up in your closet and deny him medical treatment!
` Then again, he may not survive very long in a regular prison. The other prisoners may actually sexually assault him and perhaps his weak colon will cause him to bleed to death!

` And Crabby, I figure that if you were not being a very nice person for a while, it was a perfectly normal and healthy response to this thing.
` Just don't kill anyone.

` And I'm so glad that V is safe from him again, even though she has all those years of scars. Now she has a chance to at least try getting back to her bubbly old self again. You may be surprised how well people changed when they go from being a 'victim' to a 'survivor'.
` I know that it takes years to erase the most present damage in an abuse victim's mind. When I was her age I was not being sexually abused - by an adult at least - though my dad was blaming me for his sexual problems and every other thing under the sun.
` I believed it.
` It's been six years, and now that the only brainwashing that clouds my mind are the tiny scraps in the crevices I cannot normally see (sometimes I run into them from time to time), I am a completely different person now.
` I even have a personality!!! And I am getting better at having fun and being sociable! I haven't done that since I was four, and now it's twenty years later!! That's especially amazing considering that I was also tortured a couple of years ago, then thrown into an insane asylum where nobody paid attention to me or my gushing wounds!
` Hopefully when V is a teenager, she'll be totally turned around. You'll see. She just needs to be reassured that she is a real person and other people will protect her from pain and that she is safe in her own home.
` ...Or they could just move to another home. When I moved, I had nothing to remind me of my dad and the guy who tortured me, so I got so much better.
` And then I moved again, away from someone I felt was abusing me, and got totally better!
` I still feel like I'm missing huge parts of my personality and emotions, though at least I can probably grow new ones.

 

At 11/13/2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Suze

Crabby, I can't adequately express my disgust at your legal system. We are just as lenient in our sentencing over here.

As for the perpetrator of these crimes I hold no sympathy for his medical condition. Did he have any for his victims!

The law is sending out the wrong messages to these despicable criminals in both the US and here in the UK.

He has scared his victims for life with his actions.

I'm sending you all a huge hug.

 

At 11/14/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown

Not nearly enough time or punishment in my mind but I'm an eye for an eye kind of girl.

May he be "touched" in prison...

I just read some comments (and went back and reread the post) and wasn't aware that this was a personal trial so I am sorry for the poor little girls involved in this. I'm in awe at the strength of the little one who came forward to protect her sister.

Jail time, rehab, I don't believe that pedophiles can be "fixed" (I mean, hell yeah, pull out the scalpel and "fix" them but they cannot have their desires changed)...

Thank you for sharing this...