Monday, June 04, 2007

I have complaints about this death thing. I don't much care it.

For starters, the funeral homes charge for refrigeration of your loved one. WHAT THEE HELL ELSE ARE THEY GONNA DO WITH 'EM? Have a visitation where the beloved departed smells like rotten hamburger?

Second, did you know an Urn for the cremated loved one can cost upwards of $800 smackers? Hell, I can go to Old Time Pottery and find a big pot for under $30. Or, if you're just gonna scatter the person's ashes...how about one of those disposable plastic things people take leftovers home in?

Here's a BEAUT for ya. You get 30 days to pay for the funeral. If said loved one had no money to speak of....you better be able to get your hands on 10 thousand or so, fast. And if you pay up front you can get a discount. Most folks are too far out of their minds to try that. Bob wasn't. He made them deal. LOL!

Then comes the disbursement of the properties. SHOOT ME PLEASE! This is the part we're on. We have a short amount of time to "get her done" or we'll be paying another month's rent and utilities on the apartment. So...perfect time for all the sibs to go completely bonkers. Only sane one in the bunch right now is Bob. The SIL has completely lost it. She wants absolutely everything to stay in the family. Anything we don't want she wants packed up and sent to her. Any idea how much it cost to mail furniture, pots, dishes, clothes, from Ohio to Texas?

In a recent act of defiance I have packed up and mailed off the two bottles of suppository laxatives I found in Ellie's frig when I cleaned it out.

These people better find their brains soon because I'm a busy woman. I have things to do, places to go. I mean....has it occurred to the two brothers just to lie their asses off to the sister? Hell, if they're too distraught or whatever to do it. I'LL DO IT! Just say, "Yes, we have it all in the family." How is she gonna know the difference?

So sad. It always falls to me to do the lying and the cheating. But, come on! Let's face reality here folks. It's the only way to, "get her done!"

Labels: , , , , ,

 
posted by Crabby at 7:12 AM |


11 Comments:


At 6/04/2007 8:26 AM, Blogger Curly Glamour Girlie

I say a SIL that annoying deserves to be lied to. If she's that concerned with the items staying in the family she needs to come get them herself or at least pay for shipping. But to demand they be sent to her if ridiculous.

Or you could put it in storage and have her billed monthly. Let's see how badly she wants to keep it then.

 

At 6/04/2007 8:36 AM, Blogger barman

Since she is the one insisting, I say she needs to foot the bill for shipping. Time to hire Two Men and a Truck to move things to Texas. Have any stuff you really want to get rid of? Just send it with the movers. This could be fun.

Sorry to hear how things are going. I know I thought when my parents kick the bucket it was going to be no big deal deviding things. My sister right away said I get all the picture. Sorry, blanket statements like that will not fly. Hopefully when the day comes we work things out.

I have watched cusins have probalems when their parents past on and I must say, it caused peranent damage to the family. Why, oh why?

 

At 6/04/2007 9:41 AM, Blogger justacoolcat

"In a recent act of defiance I have packed up and mailed off the two bottles of suppository laxatives I found in Ellie's frig when I cleaned it out"

Brilliant.

 

At 6/04/2007 10:05 AM, Blogger Manny

Love the flaming hair. LOL


Think this through dear. You don't want to do anything that will bring her back to Ohio. And yes, let her foot the bill.

 

At 6/04/2007 1:31 PM, Blogger Crabby

Curly, I couldn't agree more at the moment. LOL! But I'll tell you what I did instead. I quit. They can figure all this stuff out themselves then .... get back to me. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!

Barman, I'm telling you it is ALWAYS like this because people are at their emotional worst after a death. It one of those grief things. The nasty one. Anger. We all get it and then everything goes to hell in a handbasket.
My advice on the pics, my brother. scan them, like I am. It's the only way everybody gets them. I can even send you a dvd with one of my finished ones. They come out much nicer than the hard copies because you have music and a dvd doesn't tear up with age. I always bring the pics back up to date too. Remove damage and discoloration. That kinda stuff.

justacoolcat, hey! nice to meet ya! I'll come by and visit soon as I break away from the crazyness here. (which will be soon. LOL) Thanks for the compliment!

Manny, I thought of that. (shiver) I love her but....MAN! she can cause a person to snatch themselves bald-headed.

PS. I think there might some lying going on by some other folks too. LMAO! Can't say I blame this particular person under the circumstances. Ahhhh. Nothing like a death in the family to turn everybody's brain inside out.

As for me...I'm makin a run for it. I want no more o' this scrapping and picking crap. I'm free spirit. Ok. not free but cheap.

 

At 6/04/2007 3:07 PM, Blogger Unknown

Ummm why is the SIL not paying for the shipments??? She wants them, she pays for them. Seems obvious to me *shrug*

 

At 6/04/2007 5:44 PM, Blogger G-Man

Send her NOTHING!!
Give it to the Goodwill, or some needy local family. You are absolutely right, how the FU*K will she know?
..."uh yeah Sis, all the stuff stayed in the family"!
Crabby, you can do this!!

 

At 6/04/2007 6:04 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` Aaaaa haaaa! You actually mailed her the suppository laxatives? Genius!!! I can always count on you to do the craziest things!

` BTW, if your melted brain would like to gaze upon calming photos (which I took about ten years ago) of geeses, woodland creatures and roaring jets, I have some for you.

 

At 6/04/2007 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

My Dad is doing exactly what you told barman to do...he's scanning in all the old pics so he can distribute to us kids and anyone else who throws a fit. He's also doing all the geneology on DVDs too.

We're still fighting with my Boyfriend's family since his Dad died in November. Everything is in Mississippi. I say just light the house up and let it all burn so that no one gets anything.

 

At 6/05/2007 8:33 AM, Blogger angela marie

Mailing her the suppositories...that makes you queen of everything!!

:)

 

At 6/05/2007 12:40 PM, Blogger Crabby

Gareth, honestly, I think there's some kind of rule somewhere that says, the kooks in your family get special care and treatment. The whole thing is nuts to me. I live by the if you want come and get it code.

G, I'm going one better. I am cutting myself loose from the whole mess. If it's outside my control...outside my need to be there and do the work. LOL!

Seequin, calming photos would be cool as hell.

Shell, it's the only way to be fair, you know? Plus it's so much nicer to watch them with the music. Can't light a match (though I'm ready to) she lived in an apartment which was supposed to be cleared out by the 31st. As you can see, we're behind schedule.

Angela Marie, LOL! Thanks. It felt good.

You guys don't ya think it's a shame that at the end of a person's life it comes down to family bickering over "things"? Seems like there should be more respect for a life well-lived. But I bet anything everyone of you knows somebody who's family has gotten bent out of shape over "things". Honestly, it makes me kind of sad. I feel like families should be holding onto each other after such a loss. Not fussing over where this and that is going to go. The one thing that mattered has already gone. Be sad, then celebrate the good memories. But to fight over stuff? No. Not cool. Yet it happens most every time.