Friday, July 27, 2007


Now see? This is why I love the homeless folks. They eat my cooking and love it. You can tell by the looks on their faces!

Yesterday Bob got a phone call from a friend who told him (get ready to blow chunks ladies)
"Every night when I get home my wife has dinner ready for me. I never know what she's going to make but it's always delicious."
Bob: You just tell me this shit because you know I'm stuck with Pam's (crabby) cooking.





At lunch Bob proceeds to tell me alllll about how this gal serves her husband the best meals and how excited the guy is just to go home at night to see what he gets to eat.
ME: GeezLOOeeze! I'm gonna have to talk to this gal. She has no life! She could be playing video games, reading books, talkin' with her buds.
BOB: Maybe she enjoys making her husband happy.
ME: Laughs hysterically.
BOB: You could be a good cook if you'd work a little harder at it.
JAKE: Dad, come on. Look at what we're eating. You're dreaming.
ME: Well, I don't know why you're complaining. You guys used to love my cooking. Remember my sizzling rice soup?
BOB: Was that the soup with the hard chunks of chicken in it. Sure I remember it. I chipped a tooth on that crap once.
JAKE: No. That was a dumpling you chipped your tooth on.
ME: Anyhow, I used to surprise you guys with new recipes too. But you were ungrateful so I stopped. Plebbt!
JAKE: YOU MEAN EXPERIMENT NIGHT! I HATED EXPERIMENT NIGHT!
BOB: Tofu war sue gai. (shiver)
JAKE: Remember that stuff that looked like a giant turd on a biscut?
With this, both men got up from the table, mumbling, rinsed their plates off and disappeared back to their offices. I ..... went back to blogging perfectly satisfied. I'm guessing nobody will suggest I work harder at cooking again for awhile.

If you would rather not get chocolate chip tofu cookies with your other Christmas cookies this year.

..... VOTE FOR CRABBY HERE and give the Field a big fat thumbs up!

and don't forget to also vote for our friends Sign and Gabby. You can vote for all 3 of us. We don't cancel each other out and we'd like to make it to the final 3 together. So pretty please lend a finger and cast a thumbs up vote?

VOTE FOR SIGN
VOTE FOR GABBY

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Crabby at 7:58 AM |


19 Comments:


At 7/27/2007 9:05 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

I've eaten your cookies before...MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER...you can too cook.

Don't tell me those cookies had tofu in them LOL, I'll gag.

 

At 7/27/2007 9:21 AM, Blogger barman

I think you should start up experiment night again. You can get Seequine to give you some advice. She is a Mad Scientist and all.

Milkmaid, don't say cookies. Cookies are evil. Of course I have no idea what Crabby's cookies are like.

OMG, I just did a quick search and found this recipie "Chocolate Chip Tofu Cookies". I could not look at the actual recipie. Yikes.

 

At 7/27/2007 10:05 AM, Blogger Crabby

Milky, I KNOW! I'm an excellent cook. Now I will admit...I don't excel at meat. Mostly cause I dont' want it to look anything that was ever alive. So I cook it up real good.

barman, CHOCOLATE CHIP TOFU COOKIES??? OH BOY! I can't wait for Christmas cookie season now! Everybody is getting some.

 

At 7/27/2007 12:45 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` Hey, Crabby, I also have had a 'bloggerview', and I will soon be urging people to vote for me!
` Oh, that reminds me, on Aug 2 I am going to a TV station for a blogger meeting. I'm not kidding! Perhaps I will get some fame out of this!

` Forget tofu chocolate chip cookies - I recommend Moo-less chocolate pie. It's really simple to make, and the only appliance it involves is a blender.
` Just remember; get silken tofu (which is easily mixable) and not the kind you can chip your teeth on ...or at least is somewhat less blendable.

` Seriously, it tastes REALLY GOOD! It almost tastes like there's so much fat in it that you're going to explode - except there isn't! But there is plenty of protein!
` It's really simple to make and I bet Bob and Jake won't have ANY idea it has tofu in it unless you tell them!
` I'm serious! Try it!!

 

At 7/27/2007 12:51 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` Oh yeah, and I can't help but relate to you the time this not-very open-minded girl ate some brownies with powdered grasshoppers in them.
` You can't tell they're in there. You know... they're just 'protein powder'. The brownies were excellent!
` She was perfectly fine until I told her about the grasshoppers, upon which she claimed she was sick to her stomach because grasshoppers don't agree with her.
` OH COME ON!!! It's... mini-meat! I bet she wouldn't have that reaction if they were powdered shrimp, but then again maybe she would.
` That really irritated me, so I showed her a rubber garter snake, and even though she knew it was rubber, she flipped out and ran away!

 

At 7/27/2007 1:11 PM, Blogger Crabby

Seequin, I KNOW you have an interview baby girl. I suggested you. LOL! You're young, and bright, and full of ideas. You deserve it! And we'll all vote for you.
I love tofu stuff. I can't understand why Bob and Jake complain so much. It's tasty. The stuff you get at the Chinese places is outstanding! I didn't know silken tofu mixed up better. I'll try it next.
Yanno, your friend would never make it on Survivor. You have to eat all manner of ick and ughs on that show.

 

At 7/27/2007 2:59 PM, Blogger SIMON

Lovely post!! LOL!
But what are we going to do about Raymi??

 

At 7/27/2007 3:39 PM, Blogger Crabby

ebezp, she's killing me by degrees. LOL! If we don't get the votes, I reckon we'll be settling for second place. Or...we could pretend we won and celebrate our victory. LOL! Yeah, I'm in favor of number two. What do you think?

 

At 7/27/2007 3:43 PM, Blogger SignGurl

Number 2!! Woo hoo!!!

I'm number 4 right now and Gab's close behind me. This IS just like the horse races only at the end, we don't get to eat hay do we?

 

At 7/27/2007 4:22 PM, Blogger Crabby

Sign, no hay but Barman did say he'd get Coldstone ice cream for everyone. No really. he did.

 

At 7/27/2007 4:49 PM, Blogger Manny

I love your cookies. Especially the CHRISTMAS cookies You bake me every year. This year, I'd like a double or triple batch of each please. You could give them to me before CHRISTMAS (vacation), I could take them to work, and pass them off as my own.

 

At 7/27/2007 4:50 PM, Blogger Manny

And you also make the bestestestest Thanksgiving dinner.

 

At 7/27/2007 4:51 PM, Blogger Manny

Squirrel and I appreciate you. Feel free to cook for us anytime. Like...tonight.

 

At 7/27/2007 11:35 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine

` Thanx for recommending me, Crabby!

` ...PS EVERYONE VOTE FOR ME!!

 

At 7/28/2007 4:58 AM, Blogger SIMON

Yeah throw a big victory party, we'll all enjoy it and it will distract her long enough for us to go and win!!

 

At 7/28/2007 6:47 AM, Blogger Crabby

Manny, did you want the tofu chocolate chip cookies too?

Seequin, I'll vote for you. You vote for me. And don't forget Sign and Gabby.

ebezp, that just might work! I hadn't thought about distracting her. Good idea!

 

At 7/28/2007 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm afraid to vote, first of all it looks too confusing and second of all I tried and third of all I think I tried more than once? So I hope they don't think I was cheating,but I couldn't tell if the vote took or not. as for cooking, what in the sam hill do we need that for when marie callendars has such luscious entree's

 

At 7/29/2007 12:40 PM, Blogger Crabby

Ba Doozie, You're so friggin cute. LOL! You have to do something on your computer before you can cheat. Delete cookies or something. It won't count against ya if you hit the thumb over and over. Only one vote will go in. You're innocent as a new born colt.
We DON'T need all that cooking. Cooking creates dishes. Dishes are repetitive labor. Completely pointless when you can go buy food ready to eat.

 

At 7/30/2007 7:09 AM, Blogger Curly Glamour Girlie

I'm wary of women who cook great things EVERY night. It does mean they have little other going on. It was like when I ventured on the message board at babycenter.com and the women there OBSESSED over everything. I wondered how they had time to get pregnant with all the time they spent there.

I come up with a good one once in a while, but rely on frozen foods often.