Friday, July 27, 2007

Cause I don't love you aneeeeeeee-mo.

I heard it through the grapevine (yes I am into old songs today matter o'fact) that I had 132 votes last night. This morning I have 107...last time I looked. I accepted that 18 would be eliminated due to cheating. But is everyone who votes for me cheating? I also have to wonder if there isn't a whole lota cheating going on in the other camp. Lots of votes in a very short time generally doesn't add up to....angelic behavior on the part of a competitor. Is equal monitoring going on? And if so, is it possible my competitor is smarter than me? (ok....that one pretty much goes without saying and does not require an answer so don't anybody be a smart ass. LOL) In any case, no biggie to me.

Basically, what I'm saying here is....this isn't fun anymore. I quit. So stop voting for me. I'll write to Mike and ask him to withdrawal the field from his top 10 list. So if you see us removed that's why. Not his bad or anything. Just me wanting to continue to have a good time.

PS. On a more important note: I'm looking for folks to join me in an intervention for some poor gal who is spending all her time cooking for her man. And he's bragging to Bob about it.
This is making me look bad.....ok...worse, in the cooking area. She has to go.....er...I mean...she needs liberating.
 
posted by Crabby at 6:36 AM |


8 Comments:


At 7/27/2007 7:35 AM, Blogger barman

Hey they took away what they thought was cheating from the looks of things. It looks like you still have a lot of votes there Crabby. We love you and you do not need a blog site to tell you that.

Oh dear, she will spoil it for EVERYONE. Hey maybe you can go into the kitchen and just band the pots and pans all around and certainly Lucy will run, maybe they will too. Then you do not have to do anything else since you are spending all your time cooking. Then whip out the frozen dinner and wala! Hey it is a plan. You did not mention, is this gal a newlywed or something. If not then her Moma fell down on her training.

 

At 7/27/2007 7:54 AM, Blogger Crabby

No she's been married for awhile.
She "likes" to cook or something weird like that. I'm writing a post about my cooking experience right now. LOL!

PS. No I don't need a blog site to tell me I have an awful lot of good pals. I already posted to Mike to take me out. I tried to write but my yahoo mail refuses to send for some reason. Keeps saying come back and try again. Please...I'm a busy woman. LOL!

 

At 7/27/2007 8:15 AM, Blogger MilkMaid

Well CRAP..I was just now getting around to updating my blog and begging for you some votes.

Always the hind tit around here.

 

At 7/27/2007 8:20 AM, Blogger Crabby

Milky, want me to start a poll? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! We can vote on which one of my chesticles is the biggest....left or right?

 

At 7/27/2007 10:24 AM, Blogger Mike

Crabby,

Sending you this through your comments 'cause you said your email isn't working:

Pam,

I understand your confusion and frustration. This is our first full
month being online and we've had to deal with the growing pains. At
the end of the month we will do an accurate counting of the votes (I
can even send you the records if you'd like to see them at that time)
and provide an official announcement.

The only way to fully cut down on people trying to cheat the system is
making them register before voting, which in my opinion is a pain in
the butt. We want to make it as simple as possible for people to show
their support for their fellow bloggers.

Yes, your competitor had some people cheating too, and we will deal
with it. I emailed her and let her know, just as I did with you. I
don't think it's "malicious" on either part, but just loyal readers trying to support
the blogs (it shows how much they care).

That said, I'd personally like to ask you to keep your interview up in
our list as it has achieved Top 3 status. This means that at the end
of the month your interview link will be at the top of the site.
Also, next month we'll be giving away cash and prizes, and the top
position will give you a deserved advantage once we reset the votes
(we reset the votes every month...thank goodness).

I look forward to hearing from you, as I enjoy reading your blog and
the people who come along with it seem like the good ones :-)

I will respect your decision either way.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

 

At 7/27/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger Crabby

Mike, well shoot. Now you've got me blushing. LOL!
OK, sir. Keep me up. I feel lots better knowing you're watching both sides. (don't tell her I said so but....I think she's more net savy than me. I'm wayyy outa my league. And that hurt to say.)
Thanks very much for the note. It's gratefully appreciated.

 

At 7/27/2007 10:43 AM, Blogger Mike

Thank you, Crabby.

I'm watching. Barman even gave some helpful advice on how to manage the rating system.

We may have to go to a voter registration system next month since they'll be money/prizes involved, but I'll keep my eyes open for any cheating.

Keep up the great blogging, and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions/concerns.

Mike

 

At 7/27/2007 4:57 PM, Blogger Manny

I want a poll on my blog. How do I set one up?